Verizon shared plans VS Unlimited

Bluth22

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
So the way a Verizon rep explained it, it sounded like a new innovative thing Verizon did for the people. Like it was cheaper to pay for this shared plan and 40 $ for a smart phone once unlike the old plans where u had to pay $30 or something each time. See I'm lost already. I'm sure he loves this plan cause they make more $ and deceive us with confusion. He said 90% or more of customers use about 1gb a month or so never more than 2gb. That's why they're getting rid of unlimited too. So please share with me what your take on these shared plans is now and why there the new carrier fad ?

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Me? My phone bill dropped by $60 when I went from a unlimited data to a shared plan. I have a iPhone 4S, a Droid 3 and a Blackberry Bold and my bill was $290 a month. Now, it is $230 since I went to shared.

msw323

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, since the iPhone 5 uses let in y area, I decided to keep unlimited. I wasn't trying to utiliz the data, but since I got he phone, I already used 2 gb. It is ray to do. Stream a video here nd there nd it adds up real quick.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
People use little now but with faster data comes higher usage. Most don't think their data use will go up but from what I've seen it typically doubles. Add in tethering that most didn't have before and it goes up even more. I'm keeping unlimited as long as I possibly can, even if it means paying retail for my phones.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I had no option on unlimited. I would've kept if so. But i like the data shared plan. Unlimited mins, free hotspots, and sharing data with a couple of others who don't use a lot.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
If you've got multiple devices, then yes. Chances are, you will save money.

If you've only got one device like me, then no. It's not worth it to switch.

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
keep in mind they had a bug with iPhones where connecting to Wi-Fi still used your cell data. Now that it is fixed, you should get an accurate number. but I agree, having LTE usually means you will use more data. and i agree on the shared data plans are beneficial if you have 3 devices or more.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
No clue. Haha. I was just messing around and download a few apps. So far for the month I'm at 8GB. Tomorrow is the last day of my cycle. I haven't noticed any throttling either :)

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
While I am sure it is good for SOME, it didnt really add up for me.

Right now My monthly bill is about $350 w/taxes I have 2 iPhone 4S, 1 Samsung Galaxy S3, 1 Droid Incredible 2, and 1 Motorola X.

We have the Nation wide Talk & Text Share 2000 min. Unlimited texts, each has $30 data (3 of those are unlimited, 2 are 2GB/month)

So $139.95 base plan + $30 (lines 3-5 add-on) and $150 (data per line $30/line) that's roughly $320 before taxes/fees.

If I were to switch to share everything.....

5 lines @ $40 each = $200 + $100 (10GB/month data) = $300 before taxes and fees.

So I am basically giving up 3 unlimited data lines for $20/month. Not worth it, IMO.