LOL Verizon csr is going to "report me"!!!! Haha

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Long story short, I am one of those that used another's upgrade to get myself an iPhone 5. I upgraded my sons line to the five. Got it, activated it, then put the dumb phone back on the line. That freed up the five for use on my line.

So today I went to the apple store to get the new sim and apple care. There was a Verizon rep there and I told her I needed a new SIM card and needed it activated on my line. When she found out I had previously upgraded and activated on another line, she said I could not have unlimited data. I explained to her the phone was used and I was now putting it on my line. She says the phone cannot be "used" as it just came out. To which I told her once it was activated on the other line, it became a used phone! She told me what I was doing was wrong and she was going to report me! I asked her how long she had been working for Verizon and she said twenty years. I told her she needed retrained!

She got really nasty with me, it was kind of funny. They just have no clue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Haha she must be die hard Verizon and prob realized the loop hole when you told her lol

I would love to see Verizon try to strip all of our unlimited data cuz we found a loop hole I would file class action in 2 sec lol

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
There was a Verizon rep in the Apple store? Never seen that, is that new?

I have seen it on the 4s launch but they have very limited access to your account .. I share a account and I have full access to add lines etc but they wouldn't let me this is after i called them to make sure i could do everything there drove there then got told no I got so pissed they had to tell me to calm down or they would call security lol I just went to a Verizon after that and had no issue getting my 4s

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I told her to just give me the new sim and I'd go home and take care of it. She had to call *611 just like I would have had to do. Yeah, if they try to strip me of my unlimited, l will leave vzw in heartbeat.

With that said, the rest of my first experience at an apple store was awesome! Once I was done with the vzw rep, I went over to another counter and bought my apple care. I also had an 80gb iPod classic that had quit working. Looked perfect but would lock up any computer you hooked it to. Apple support told me I could get new one for $129 so I was there to do that as well. Well the gal felt so bad about my trouble with the vzw rep that she only charged me $59 for the new iPod AND she slipped me a 160gb classic instead!!!!! She quietly showed me the back showing the upgrade in size and just smiled at me. It is legit as my paperwork and receipt even shows the 160gb classic as my replacement.

Even with the stupid lawsuits going on, I am a definite apple convert for life now!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I told her to just give me the new sim and I'd go home and take care of it. She had to call *611 just like I would have had to do. Yeah, if they try to strip me of my unlimited, l will leave vzw in heartbeat.

With that said, the rest of my first experience at an apple store was awesome! Once I was done with the vzw rep, I went over to another counter and bought my apple care. I also had an 80gb iPod classic that had quit working. Looked perfect but would lock up any computer you hooked it to. Apple support told me I could get new one for $129 so I was there to do that as well. Well the gal felt so bad about my trouble with the vzw rep that she only charged me $59 for the new iPod AND she slipped me a 160gb classic instead!!!!! She quietly showed me the back showing the upgrade in size and just smiled at me. It is legit as my paperwork and receipt even shows the 160gb classic as my replacement.

Even with the stupid lawsuits going on, I am a definite apple convert for life now!

Wow you got a awesome apple rep I have had a couple Also I bought a refurb iPad 2 64 gb came home and it had issues went in and they gave me a brand new one out of the box not another refurb ... And I bought my daughter one it had issues too but when I went in they swapped it for a new referb .. Both work perfect but I have no prob buying referb problems or not cause I know they will take care of it

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
One other bonus for me was that I had a skin kit on my old iPod from a company called Protech. They are no longer in business, but same thing as Zagg. The apple rep peeled off the old front and back skins, then walked out to the Zagg kiosk and told that gal I needed a warranty replacement kit. So for the $7.50 installation fee, I got a new front and full body kit installed on my brand new 160gb iPod!

It was a good day, well worth the traffic and all the people in the mall where the apple store is. I usually avoid that part of town like the plague, due to the terrible traffic. LOL

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I wondered the same. Was there an AT&T or Sprint or even T-Mobile ;) rep there?

There was both Verizon and AT&T reps there today, not sure about Sprint. T Mo would be no as they don't actually offer the iPhone for sale.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
If there's a loop hole for upgrading or keeping unlimited it will be used. It's just a game. I'm sure it will be closed soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

And that is why apple is tops in customer satisfaction. Every other company needs to take a page from apple. (No lawsuits for better customer service I hope, lol)

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand, I thought CDMA phones like Verizon those Verizon sells didn't use swappable SIMs? Are you going to take your phone apart?

Verizon uses CDMA for voice, but the new 4G LTE phones uses sim radio for data. All of them have a SIM card just like AT&T. Matter of fact, the Verizon iPhone 5 is factory unlocked. I can put a AT&T or t mobile sim in and it will work just fine.

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
As others have mentioned, I'm surprised there was a carrier rep in the store as well.

Agree on apple customer service. I've always walked out of the apple store amazed how well they handle things.... And they are properly staffed for the volume of customers. Unlike a lot of stores where you shop for 5 min, wait 10 minutes to check out.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Verizon uses CDMA for voice, but the new 4G LTE phones uses sim radio for data. All of them have a SIM card just like AT&T. Matter of fact, the Verizon iPhone 5 is factory unlocked. I can put a AT&T or t mobile sim in and it will work just fine.

It's important to note that it's 3G only. The Verizon and AT&T versions use different LTE bands and are not interoperable.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Correct. I thought I put that down, but guess I just thought it and didn't type it! LOL

kent1915

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Thats crazy. I have called verizon twice (cuz I have much experience with various stories at Verizon) to ask about a "buddy upgrade" where I renew an eligible line (my wife has a IP4 and is due for upgrade but doesnt want new phone) and put on my line. She will no longer have unlimited data, but mine will have IP5 and unlimited data. Both times the CSR said its perfectly acceptable. Its only the line that gets renewed that gets unlimited cut.