AppleCare if I buy from Verizon

kkay5

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I am going to try and get an iPhone 5 tomorrow from Verizon. I am using my husband's upgrade so I need to go into the store to do it. I also want to buy AppleCare+ though. It's cheaper than Verizon's insurance. Will I be able to buy it after the fact? I have seen that you can buy AppleCare if you go into an Apple Store and have them inspect your iPhone, but the problem I have is the nearest Apple store to me is 10 hours away so I won't be able to do that. Is there any way for me to get AppleCare?

Thanks.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You can buy AppleCare within 30 days of purchasing the iPhone. You can also call to get it. You don't have to the apple store. That's what I did when I got the 4S last year.

( You might also be able to purchase it at the Verizon store tomorrow. Last year they were not set up the first day for it but they might be this time around )

Last edited:

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You can buy AppleCare within 30 days of purchasing the iPhone. You can also call to get it. You don't have to the apple store. That's what I did when I got the 4S last year.

( You might also be able to purchase it at the Verizon store tomorrow. Last year they were not set up the first day for it but they might be this time around )

Yeah this may be true but on the website they say you either have to buy it when you order your device or go to an Apple store. Not sure how strict that are on that last part but it is what it says. And I wouldn't blame them. They want to make sure they device that will be covered isn't already damaged. But I'm sure people have purchased by other means than visiting the local store. Guess we'll see.

How to get AppleCare+

?Add it to your shopping cart during the checkout process when you purchase your new iPhone.
?Buy it within 30 days of your iPhone purchase at Apple Retail (requires inspection of the iPhone & proof of purchase). Your iPhone purchase date is the date we ship and charge you for your order

AppleCare+ for iPhone - Apple Store (U.S.)

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I brought my iphone5 to the apple store. It was still new in the box unopened, they just scanned it and applied apple care + right away. Took 2 minutes from the time I walked in until the time it was done. Hopefully they can allow you to do it over the phone since your so far from one. Maybe you can offer to go to your local carrier store so they can verify its in working order?

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I just called Apple when I got the phone from Verizon, they set me up right over the phone. Then they asked me if I had any questions about the phone and gave me some set-up tips. Very customer oriented.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh