Hey guys, like many I'm switching over to Verizon with the iPhone 5. I was wondering with LTE, do you still have the 160 text limit and a second text break up like with CDMA or does LTE now allow a larger text similarly to what GSM carriers allow?
    09-15-2012 09:06 PM
    Still the same 160 character limit. Keep in mind, VZW sends texts over the 1x network.

There is no character limit if texting via iMessage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    09-15-2012 09:29 PM
    Still the same 160 character limit. Keep in mind, VZW sends texts over the 1x network.

There is no character limit if texting via iMessage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Gotcha, thanks.
    09-17-2012 12:37 PM
    Hey guys, like many I'm switching over to Verizon with the iPhone 5. I was wondering with LTE, do you still have the 160 text limit and a second text break up like with CDMA or does LTE now allow a larger text similarly to what GSM carriers allow?
    In addition to the no 160 limit for iMessage, if it is Verizon to Verizon (not sure if feature, but smart phones for sure) while you still get dinged 2 (or # of characters/160) texts (if you aren't on unlimited) they should show up as one message, unbroken.

they will only break if they are to another carrier.
    09-17-2012 09:05 PM
    You can also cheat and send the text as a picture message by sending to xxx-xxx-xxxx@vzwpix.com. Using that format will send as picture message and allow more characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-23-2012 01:17 AM
    You can also cheat and send the text as a picture message by sending to xxx-xxx-xxxx@vzwpix.com. Using that format will send as picture message and allow more characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    or you can add a subject and that will transform the text to mms. i think the charcter limit for a MMS is 10k.
    10-03-2012 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD