Verizon Unlimited plans

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I will have to confirm that. I get screwed either way. Pay for the phone or pay for the data. Can't win!

If you use as much data as I do during the billing cycle, paying full price for the phone will be less expensive than switching to a tiered plan. I'm at 5GB of data 13 days in to my billing cycle. No way I could afford to switch to at least a 10gb plan to keep me from having overages and save money paying the contract price for the iPhone5. Paying outright for the phone is cheaper.

snuffleupagus99

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I've spoken with multiple reps at verizon who said it may be possible to keep unlimited data without paying the unsubsidized price. Of course it's possible they could just be blowing smoke, but I intend to try. If you're a long time customer who knows how to talk to people (as in don't be an ass) you may be able to make it happen. If I can't oh well, but I thought I'd share.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've spoken with multiple reps at verizon who said it may be possible to keep unlimited data without paying the unsubsidized price. Of course it's possible they could just be blowing smoke, but I intend to try. If you're a long time customer who knows how to talk to people (as in don't be an ass) you may be able to make it happen. If I can't oh well, but I thought I'd share.

The only way to keep unlimited is to buy a device from a 3rd party. Otherwise, you pay full retail to keep unlimited data, or you get a tiered data feature, or a share everything plan.

iJDR

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
For verizon, if you already have a line that has a capped data allowance (2gb for $30) and another line with unlimited data...order the 5 on the capped line then activate it on the unlimited line, nothing price wise changes and you get unlimited 4G data and the capped line stays the same.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm all unlimited so someone has to suffer! That will be the line with the upgrade I am transferring from. Just have to watch the data!

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The one I am transferring from will have the 2gb. Not my line with the 4g. It is the line that you transfer the upgrade FROM that becomes capped. Not the one you actually upgrade. Confirmed with Verizon yesterday.

iJDR

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The one I am transferring from will have the 2gb. Not my line with the 4g. It is the line that you transfer the upgrade FROM that becomes capped. Not the one you actually upgrade. Confirmed with Verizon yesterday.

When you transfer the actual upgrade, it has to be placed on the CAPPED line because the system will only allow you to select capped options.
When the phone is physically received, call CS and tell them you want to activate it on the unlimited line before any setup is carried out on the phone to make sure the sim is pure.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have no capped line yet. I have one upgrade available on another line on my account. VZ told me that the line I transfer that upgrade from gets capped. Now I am confused. What should I do? Are you saying do the upgrade on the line that has one, choose 2Gb for that one, and then when I get the phone, before activating switch the phone to my line which is unlimited at the moment and will stay that way?

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I spoke again with Verizon. They confirmed, order the phone on the line with the upgrade available, choose the 2Gb or whatever tiered plan you wish, when it arrives call VZ and tell them you want to switch the 5 to the number that you actually want it on, activate. That way, the upgrade line gets the capped data and the line you actually want the 5 on stays unlimited.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
You could always sign a new contract and then cancel it and pay the etf and use the new iPhone on your unlimited line :) it's a little cheaper then paying full retail. And you could spread the cost of the etf over a few months.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I spoke again with Verizon. They confirmed, order the phone on the line with the upgrade available, choose the 2Gb or whatever tiered plan you wish, when it arrives call VZ and tell them you want to switch the 5 to the number that you actually want it on, activate. That way, the upgrade line gets the capped data and the line you actually want the 5 on stays unlimited.

That's what I was told also

iJDR

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
You're good Ringer

kuntry973

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
For verizon, if you already have a line that has a capped data allowance (2gb for $30) and another line with unlimited data...order the 5 on the capped line then activate it on the unlimited line, nothing price wise changes and you get unlimited 4G data and the capped line stays the same.

I was wondering if I can do this. I hope someone else does this first before I try. I have unlimited on my 4s but my mother have 2g cap on her droid. I was gone give her my 4s so I can get the 5.

So if I buy the phone under her line then switch it to mine, I keep unlimited?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if I can do this. I hope someone else does this first before I try. I have unlimited on my 4s but my mother have 2g cap on her droid. I was gone give her my 4s so I can get the 5.

So if I buy the phone under her line then switch it to mine, I keep unlimited?

Yes just upgrade it on her line then swap after u get it

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !

beto89

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
for anyone wondering like i was, if you order straight from verizon's site and pay full retail, the option to keep your unlimited data is there. It sure did hurt paying $800 for a phone though

DMBAdict04

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Wondering if someone can answer this for me...

My wife and I had a 700 min. plan with unlimited text and data. When doing the pre-order it notified me that we would no longer be able to maintain unlimited data. However, it did not offer a share plan to me nor did it give the option. So I selected 2GB data for each line.

I figured I could just call them once the phones come in to ensure that we are placed on the shared data plan. Will this work?

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, you were grandfathered so have the capped plan. You can surely change plans once you activate to the share everything if you wish. You are one of the few that actually want to do this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh