Verizon Unlimited plans

DMBAdict04

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
It's not that I necessarily want to do it but I'm not completely opposed to it. My wife and I aren't data hogs and could actually do better with our data usage by using Wi-Fi more. I think that we may be able to leave Wi-Fi on on these phones.

Our DROID Xs don't have the battery life to support leaving it on all the time.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Does nyone know if you go on the share plan if you can tether for free using the shared data or do you still have to pay? I now have tethering for $15 on my iPhone 4s.

Alveezy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
For verizon, if you already have a line that has a capped data allowance (2gb for $30) and another line with unlimited data...order the 5 on the capped line then activate it on the unlimited line, nothing price wise changes and you get unlimited 4G data and the capped line stays the same.

I ordered my iPhone 5 on the line that has the unlimited data. so that means i'll only get unlimited data through 3G speeds? that's messed up if that's true...

Last edited:

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my iPhone 5 on the line that has the unlimited data. so that means i'll only get unlimited data through 3G speeds? that's messed up if that's true...

I dont intend to scare you, but i thought that if you ordered the iphone 5 on a plan with unlimited data, it "upgrades" you to a new share plan. If you bought it off contract price, i assume you dont have to change your plan.

Theres been a ton of posts from people trying to keep their unlimited data, and they all say you cant upgrade to an iphone and keep your unlimited data.

Alveezy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I dont intend to scare you, but i thought that if you ordered the iphone 5 on a plan with unlimited data, it "upgrades" you to a new share plan. If you bought it off contract price, i assume you dont have to change your plan.

Theres been a ton of posts from people trying to keep their unlimited data, and they all say you cant upgrade to an iphone and keep your unlimited data.

There's articles about Verizon letting you keep your current plan(including unlimited data) if you buy the phone full-price/off-contract. I'm sure that's the case but if it's not then i'll be at the verizon store on release day and sell my iPhone 5 for $150 more for the person that doesn't want to stand in line...

FYI for those that have unlimited data on their plans: You can only keep them if you pay the retail price for the phone. if you use your upgrade and pay for the subsidized price of $199(instead of $649 un-subsidized-retail/full price) then you can either pick a tiered plan or go along with a all share everything plan(if you plan to drag other lines to share a capped/limited data).

Last edited:

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I went with the Share Everything plan and got rid of my unlimited data plan.....this after I also got rid of wifi at my house.

Not one of my brightest moves....

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
what made you do that??

Loooong story,but I got rid of my cable/internet package because I'm never home and I'm moving very soon. In hindsight,I should have waited to dump my unlimited plan until I moved. Like I said,not my smartest move ever. :)

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
After my contract ends what is stopping them from dropping my unlimited plan anyways? That is what is stopping me from buying at retail and use my upgrade that is coming in October. I would like to keep my unlimited plan.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
After my contract ends what is stopping them from dropping my unlimited plan anyways? That is what is stopping me from buying at retail and use my upgrade that is coming in October. I would like to keep my unlimited plan.

Good question. I have time until mine ends but am curious. If they drop it then I'm going to per paid or sprint

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Some people say that if you upgrade on another line, you can keep your unlimited data.
We have two available lines for upgrade - the primary line currently with a Blackberry and secondary line with an iP 4s. Both lines currenly have unlimted data from a veyr old family share plan.
If we do the upgrade to iP 5 on the secondary line and then move it to the primary line, what happens to the data on the secondary line? Does it get pushed back to 2 gigs or stay unlimited?
Thanks.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Some people say that if you upgrade on another line, you can keep your unlimited data.
We have two available lines for upgrade - the primary line currently with a Blackberry and secondary line with an iP 4s. Both lines currenly have unlimted data from a veyr old family share plan.
If we do the upgrade to iP 5 on the secondary line and then move it to the primary line, what happens to the data on the secondary line? Does it get pushed back to 2 gigs or stay unlimited?
Thanks.

If you upgrade any line with unlimited the line you agree to a new contract on loses unlimited

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Finally got my iPhone 5 switched to my unlimited line!!!! This is gonna be trouble since all that usage came on 3G

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1348528591.120451.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1348528591.120451.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW