Yeah, I'm all unlimited so someone has to suffer! That will be the line with the upgrade I am transferring from. Just have to watch the data!
    09-13-2012 07:07 AM
    Watch data? These phone chew up data and spit it out like it's candy now! That's why they are charging for it now.
    09-13-2012 07:40 AM
    The one I am transferring from will have the 2gb. Not my line with the 4g. It is the line that you transfer the upgrade FROM that becomes capped. Not the one you actually upgrade. Confirmed with Verizon yesterday.
    09-13-2012 07:49 AM
    The one I am transferring from will have the 2gb. Not my line with the 4g. It is the line that you transfer the upgrade FROM that becomes capped. Not the one you actually upgrade. Confirmed with Verizon yesterday.
    When you transfer the actual upgrade, it has to be placed on the CAPPED line because the system will only allow you to select capped options.
    When the phone is physically received, call CS and tell them you want to activate it on the unlimited line before any setup is carried out on the phone to make sure the sim is pure.
    09-13-2012 08:27 AM
    I have no capped line yet. I have one upgrade available on another line on my account. VZ told me that the line I transfer that upgrade from gets capped. Now I am confused. What should I do? Are you saying do the upgrade on the line that has one, choose 2Gb for that one, and then when I get the phone, before activating switch the phone to my line which is unlimited at the moment and will stay that way?
    09-13-2012 09:29 AM
    I spoke again with Verizon. They confirmed, order the phone on the line with the upgrade available, choose the 2Gb or whatever tiered plan you wish, when it arrives call VZ and tell them you want to switch the 5 to the number that you actually want it on, activate. That way, the upgrade line gets the capped data and the line you actually want the 5 on stays unlimited.
    09-13-2012 01:18 PM
    You could always sign a new contract and then cancel it and pay the etf and use the new iPhone on your unlimited line it's a little cheaper then paying full retail. And you could spread the cost of the etf over a few months.
    09-13-2012 02:47 PM
    I spoke again with Verizon. They confirmed, order the phone on the line with the upgrade available, choose the 2Gb or whatever tiered plan you wish, when it arrives call VZ and tell them you want to switch the 5 to the number that you actually want it on, activate. That way, the upgrade line gets the capped data and the line you actually want the 5 on stays unlimited.
    That's what I was told also
    09-13-2012 04:50 PM
    You're good Ringer
    09-13-2012 06:49 PM
    I did ask on multiple forums and with Verizon and they all jive. I am satisfied with it all, finally.
    09-13-2012 07:39 PM
    For verizon, if you already have a line that has a capped data allowance (2gb for $30) and another line with unlimited data...order the 5 on the capped line then activate it on the unlimited line, nothing price wise changes and you get unlimited 4G data and the capped line stays the same.
    I was wondering if I can do this. I hope someone else does this first before I try. I have unlimited on my 4s but my mother have 2g cap on her droid. I was gone give her my 4s so I can get the 5.

So if I buy the phone under her line then switch it to mine, I keep unlimited?
    09-14-2012 04:15 AM
    I was wondering if I can do this. I hope someone else does this first before I try. I have unlimited on my 4s but my mother have 2g cap on her droid. I was gone give her my 4s so I can get the 5.

So if I buy the phone under her line then switch it to mine, I keep unlimited?
    Yes just upgrade it on her line then swap after u get it

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !
    09-14-2012 04:38 AM
    for anyone wondering like i was, if you order straight from verizon's site and pay full retail, the option to keep your unlimited data is there. It sure did hurt paying $800 for a phone though
    09-14-2012 08:52 AM
    Wondering if someone can answer this for me...

My wife and I had a 700 min. plan with unlimited text and data. When doing the pre-order it notified me that we would no longer be able to maintain unlimited data. However, it did not offer a share plan to me nor did it give the option. So I selected 2GB data for each line.

I figured I could just call them once the phones come in to ensure that we are placed on the shared data plan. Will this work?
    09-14-2012 02:11 PM
    Yeah, you were grandfathered so have the capped plan. You can surely change plans once you activate to the share everything if you wish. You are one of the few that actually want to do this.
    09-14-2012 02:14 PM
    It's not that I necessarily want to do it but I'm not completely opposed to it. My wife and I aren't data hogs and could actually do better with our data usage by using Wi-Fi more. I think that we may be able to leave Wi-Fi on on these phones.

Our DROID Xs don't have the battery life to support leaving it on all the time.
    09-14-2012 02:29 PM
    Does nyone know if you go on the share plan if you can tether for free using the shared data or do you still have to pay? I now have tethering for $15 on my iPhone 4s.
    09-14-2012 10:52 PM
    Does nyone know if you go on the share plan if you can tether for free using the shared data or do you still have to pay? I now have tethering for $15 on my iPhone 4s.
    Tethering is included with share plans.
    cyberpaw likes this.
    09-14-2012 10:57 PM
    For verizon, if you already have a line that has a capped data allowance (2gb for $30) and another line with unlimited data...order the 5 on the capped line then activate it on the unlimited line, nothing price wise changes and you get unlimited 4G data and the capped line stays the same.
    I ordered my iPhone 5 on the line that has the unlimited data. so that means i'll only get unlimited data through 3G speeds? that's messed up if that's true...
    Last edited by Alveezy; 09-18-2012 at 08:47 AM.
    09-18-2012 08:42 AM
    I ordered my iPhone 5 on the line that has the unlimited data. so that means i'll only get unlimited data through 3G speeds? that's messed up if that's true...
    I dont intend to scare you, but i thought that if you ordered the iphone 5 on a plan with unlimited data, it "upgrades" you to a new share plan. If you bought it off contract price, i assume you dont have to change your plan.

Theres been a ton of posts from people trying to keep their unlimited data, and they all say you cant upgrade to an iphone and keep your unlimited data.
    09-19-2012 12:18 AM
    I dont intend to scare you, but i thought that if you ordered the iphone 5 on a plan with unlimited data, it "upgrades" you to a new share plan. If you bought it off contract price, i assume you dont have to change your plan.

Theres been a ton of posts from people trying to keep their unlimited data, and they all say you cant upgrade to an iphone and keep your unlimited data.
    There's articles about Verizon letting you keep your current plan(including unlimited data) if you buy the phone full-price/off-contract. I'm sure that's the case but if it's not then i'll be at the verizon store on release day and sell my iPhone 5 for $150 more for the person that doesn't want to stand in line...

FYI for those that have unlimited data on their plans: You can only keep them if you pay the retail price for the phone. if you use your upgrade and pay for the subsidized price of $199(instead of $649 un-subsidized-retail/full price) then you can either pick a tiered plan or go along with a all share everything plan(if you plan to drag other lines to share a capped/limited data).
    Last edited by Alveezy; 09-19-2012 at 07:52 AM.
    09-19-2012 07:48 AM
    I went with the Share Everything plan and got rid of my unlimited data plan.....this after I also got rid of wifi at my house.

Not one of my brightest moves....
    09-20-2012 03:37 PM
    I went with the Share Everything plan and got rid of my unlimited data plan.....this after I also got rid of wifi at my house.

Get wifi ASAP lol
    Les74 likes this.
    09-21-2012 12:11 AM

what made you do that??
    09-21-2012 07:17 AM
    what made you do that??
    Loooong story,but I got rid of my cable/internet package because I'm never home and I'm moving very soon. In hindsight,I should have waited to dump my unlimited plan until I moved. Like I said,not my smartest move ever.
    09-21-2012 08:26 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD