IPhone to VZW

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
I have avoided ATT for years because of the service, but now that I am getting serious about an iPhone, I am telling myself that the service will be fine! Funny what you can talk yourself into! However, I do know that Austin is blanketed pretty well with 3g, so I ought to be OK. Now that they are well behind VZW in subscribers, I am sure they will continue to build out the service ASAP.

mahomer

Nov 14, 2008
www.bootcampmobile.com
@bubbatex - I have been on VZW, AT&T, Sprint, etc. I have been happiest with AT&T and VZW. I have no major complaints about AT&T, in fact the local retail store here in Cincinnati (Westchester technically) is great. Everyone there has been very helpful explaining plans, setting up phones, etc. I know that TMobile and VZW get a lot of press on the great customer service, but since I have had my iPhone I cannot complain about the cust. service I have gotten from ATT. Of course we would like cheaper and better plans but I feel I get a lot of value out of my phone for the $$s I pay.

I can't exactly tell from your post. Do you have an iPhone now or are you thinking of getting one?

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
Window shopping right now. I have a Q9c on Sprint and find that I really want a bigger display - and the current WM HTC devices do not offer a bigger screen. I honestly never gave the iPhone that much thought (primarily because I needed a physical keyboard and my concerns about ATT service - OK and price to get out of my Sprint contract AND the cheap plan I have!). I tried a Storm out for a few weeks last month and really liked it except for one thing, the actual phone was not very good. The earpiece was crummy and the outgoing sounded like I had a sock over the phone. Can't have that! My son got an iPod Touch for Christmas, so I now have had the chance to play with the functionality and I could get used to it. I went to an ATT store and called my voicemail with one was was honestly shocked at the clarity - it was as good as my Q9c which I believe to be one of the best "phones" in the "smartphone" category (have also tried Treo's and other WM devices at Sprint).

So, even though it will cost me more a month to move to ATT, I am seriously thinking about the iPhone. Thanks for your additional input on ATT service.

SurfStoked

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
@bubbatex - I have been on VZW, AT&T, Sprint, etc. I have been happiest with AT&T and VZW. I have no major complaints about AT&T, in fact the local retail store here in Cincinnati (Westchester technically) is great. Everyone there has been very helpful explaining plans, setting up phones, etc. I know that TMobile and VZW get a lot of press on the great customer service, but since I have had my iPhone I cannot complain about the cust. service I have gotten from ATT. Of course we would like cheaper and better plans but I feel I get a lot of value out of my phone for the $$s I pay.

Dude I wish I could say the same for ATT's cust. service in southern California. If they had good customer service here and a better signal I'd drop vzw and get an iPhone right now.

mahomer

Nov 14, 2008
www.bootcampmobile.com
Yeah, I may just be lucky with great 3g coverage, a nearby apple store and a store where the AT&T staff are extremely helpful.

I do love my iPhone though. I have had a trek and bberry in the past so I thought giving up the keyboard would be hard but within 3 weeks I got used to it and now prefer it do to the benefit of screen real estate.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
AT&T is amzing here in NYC Nj area Idk why people don't like it! Verizon is just ewww

I agree, I tried Verizon out a month ago and the service in my area was just poor compared to AT&T. And I'm in the Chicago burbs so it's not like I'm in a area that is suppose to have poor service.

SurfStoked

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
I agree, I tried Verizon out a month ago and the service in my area was just poor compared to AT&T. And I'm in the Chicago burbs so it's not like I'm in a area that is suppose to have poor service.

Wow, ya you'd think somewhere like that would have full coverage and no problems.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I personally love the ATT service in my area of NY (although I'll be much happier when they expand 3G to my area) and would never switch to verizon. I wonder though what it would be like if VZW did manage to add iPhones to its line up. Any VZW phone of my friends that I have used has been so different from the same phone on any other carrier software wise that I can't imagine what an iPhone on Verizon might end up being like. I'd assume the VZW crackberries are not bastardized the way say a VZW razr was back in the day, but I still wonder is verizon would make any alterations. I hope you all understand the point I'm attempting to make, its harder to put into words than I thought it would be when I thought it through in my head.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I doubt apple would let verizon make any changes. That is taking into count that it is possible that verizon may never get the iPhone.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I highly doubt apple would would allow verizon to change things either, it was just a thought. I also feel it is possible verizon will never get the iphone. Only time will tell.

rareapps

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Haha, you know if verizon treated the iphone like it treats other models of phones it gets the iphone probably would arrive without a touch screen or no app store. VWZ loves to cripple their phones.

mattg

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Verizon iPhone Info.

Today I called Verizon Wireless and told them I wanted to switch to AT&T and the guy asked why and I told him "For the iPhone". He then told me that was a bad idea because AT&T isn't as good as Verizon. Like I didn't know that!

So I asked him, "Is there any plans of iPhone coming to Verizon this summer?" and he told me, "I don't know if its going be this summer but its gonna be sometime soon, Verizon has been working on something new,"
"What?"
"Well Verizon is in the works of bringing the iPhone to our service, their developing a way so that AT&T iPhone users can switch to Verizon and that Verizon users can buy a iPhone using Verizon services, I have no exact date on when this is gonna happen but I know its soon. And I don't think Verizon has any plans of signing a contract with Apple(I had to tell him who makes the iPhone) anytime soon because they want to sell things on their own service while Verizon uses Vcast to sell Verizon products."

So Verizon is working on getting the iPhone, but with out signing a contract with Apple. Why?
Well because Apple wants to sell stuff using Apple iTunes and Apple App Store and Verizon wants to sell their own stuff on Verizon Vcast and wipe Apples Stuff off the iPhone so they could get money. But Apple won't do this. They won't let Verizon wipe out their phone to put Verizon software on it.

I mean I agree with Apple, if Verizon wants the iPhone they back down on their service, then they should leave it alone. Because then it wouldn't be a Apple iPhone it will be a Verizon iPhone.
Verizon needs to stop being lil stuck up girls from "Gossip Girl". I mean come on you guys already have the title as #1 phone carrier in America and have all these great phones running Verizon software. Is one phone thats gonna bring you ssssooooo much more money and customers really gonna hurt you?

Anybody feel different?
Tell me your opinions?
and do you think were going to see new iPhone hardware at WWDC this year?

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
The guy is leading you on. They will say anything to keep your business. If you want the iPhone, your gonna have to come to AT&T. The iPhone might end up on verizon some day, but I doubt anytime soon.

legendofdon

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
The rumor mill says AT&T and Apple have a 5 year exclusivity deal, which means it'll be 2012 by the time the iPhone would even be allowed on other carriers.

It's also common knowledge that Apple went to Verizon first when pitching the iPhone, and Verizon turned it down for exactly that reason: Apple said "No way" to Verizon wanting to brand it up with Vcast crap and not allow the mobile iTunes app. That being said, I don't think we'll see a Verizon iPhone until Steve Jobs leaves Apple for good. Everyone knows that what Steve says, goes.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
These threads make me laugh, it will not be on Verizon anytime soon or if ever... people need to get over it. And for the OP, never ever believe anything a CS rep tells you, they will say anything to keep stringing you along.

SurfStoked

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
These threads make me laugh, it will not be on Verizon anytime soon or if ever... people need to get over it. And for the OP, never ever believe anything a CS rep tells you, they will say anything to keep stringing you along.

I know but I dont understand the logic behind it. Why wouldnt apple offer their phone on the vzw network and make that much more money?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner