AT&T is amzing here in NYC Nj area Idk why people don't like it! Verizon is just ewww
    01-20-2009 05:13 PM
    AT&T is amzing here in NYC Nj area Idk why people don't like it! Verizon is just ewww
    I agree, I tried Verizon out a month ago and the service in my area was just poor compared to AT&T. And I'm in the Chicago burbs so it's not like I'm in a area that is suppose to have poor service.
    01-21-2009 09:53 AM
    I agree, I tried Verizon out a month ago and the service in my area was just poor compared to AT&T. And I'm in the Chicago burbs so it's not like I'm in a area that is suppose to have poor service.
    Wow, ya you'd think somewhere like that would have full coverage and no problems.
    01-22-2009 03:13 AM
    I personally love the ATT service in my area of NY (although I'll be much happier when they expand 3G to my area) and would never switch to verizon. I wonder though what it would be like if VZW did manage to add iPhones to its line up. Any VZW phone of my friends that I have used has been so different from the same phone on any other carrier software wise that I can't imagine what an iPhone on Verizon might end up being like. I'd assume the VZW crackberries are not bastardized the way say a VZW razr was back in the day, but I still wonder is verizon would make any alterations. I hope you all understand the point I'm attempting to make, its harder to put into words than I thought it would be when I thought it through in my head.
    03-13-2009 01:44 AM
    I doubt apple would let verizon make any changes. That is taking into count that it is possible that verizon may never get the iPhone.
    03-13-2009 07:01 PM
    Yeah, I highly doubt apple would would allow verizon to change things either, it was just a thought. I also feel it is possible verizon will never get the iphone. Only time will tell.
    03-15-2009 09:08 PM
    Haha, you know if verizon treated the iphone like it treats other models of phones it gets the iphone probably would arrive without a touch screen or no app store. VWZ loves to cripple their phones.
    03-16-2009 12:53 AM
    Today I called Verizon Wireless and told them I wanted to switch to AT&T and the guy asked why and I told him "For the iPhone". He then told me that was a bad idea because AT&T isn't as good as Verizon. Like I didn't know that!

So I asked him, "Is there any plans of iPhone coming to Verizon this summer?" and he told me, "I don't know if its going be this summer but its gonna be sometime soon, Verizon has been working on something new,"
    "What?"
    "Well Verizon is in the works of bringing the iPhone to our service, their developing a way so that AT&T iPhone users can switch to Verizon and that Verizon users can buy a iPhone using Verizon services, I have no exact date on when this is gonna happen but I know its soon. And I don't think Verizon has any plans of signing a contract with Apple(I had to tell him who makes the iPhone) anytime soon because they want to sell things on their own service while Verizon uses Vcast to sell Verizon products."

So Verizon is working on getting the iPhone, but with out signing a contract with Apple. Why?
    Well because Apple wants to sell stuff using Apple iTunes and Apple App Store and Verizon wants to sell their own stuff on Verizon Vcast and wipe Apples Stuff off the iPhone so they could get money. But Apple won't do this. They won't let Verizon wipe out their phone to put Verizon software on it.

I mean I agree with Apple, if Verizon wants the iPhone they back down on their service, then they should leave it alone. Because then it wouldn't be a Apple iPhone it will be a Verizon iPhone.
    Verizon needs to stop being lil stuck up girls from "Gossip Girl". I mean come on you guys already have the title as #1 phone carrier in America and have all these great phones running Verizon software. Is one phone thats gonna bring you ssssooooo much more money and customers really gonna hurt you?

Anybody feel different?
    Tell me your opinions?
    and do you think were going to see new iPhone hardware at WWDC this year?
    03-19-2009 12:40 AM
    The guy is leading you on. They will say anything to keep your business. If you want the iPhone, your gonna have to come to AT&T. The iPhone might end up on verizon some day, but I doubt anytime soon.
    03-19-2009 01:03 AM
    The guy is leading you on. They will say anything to keep your business. If you want the iPhone, your gonna have to come to AT&T. The iPhone might end up on verizon some day, but I doubt anytime soon.
    I'm with Mr. Belly on this one I don't see that happening any time soon.
    03-19-2009 01:21 AM
    I think AT&T and Apple have an exclusivity agreement through all of 2010.
    03-19-2009 02:46 PM
    The rumor mill says AT&T and Apple have a 5 year exclusivity deal, which means it'll be 2012 by the time the iPhone would even be allowed on other carriers.

It's also common knowledge that Apple went to Verizon first when pitching the iPhone, and Verizon turned it down for exactly that reason: Apple said "No way" to Verizon wanting to brand it up with Vcast crap and not allow the mobile iTunes app. That being said, I don't think we'll see a Verizon iPhone until Steve Jobs leaves Apple for good. Everyone knows that what Steve says, goes.
    03-19-2009 02:52 PM
    These threads make me laugh, it will not be on Verizon anytime soon or if ever... people need to get over it. And for the OP, never ever believe anything a CS rep tells you, they will say anything to keep stringing you along.
    03-19-2009 05:18 PM
    These threads make me laugh, it will not be on Verizon anytime soon or if ever... people need to get over it. And for the OP, never ever believe anything a CS rep tells you, they will say anything to keep stringing you along.
    I know but I dont understand the logic behind it. Why wouldnt apple offer their phone on the vzw network and make that much more money?
    03-31-2009 03:13 AM
    I know but I dont understand the logic behind it. Why wouldnt apple offer their phone on the vzw network and make that much more money?
    Because they have VCAST. They would want apple to put VCAST on the iphone, and we all know that would never happen...
    03-31-2009 08:37 AM
    Because they have VCAST. They would want apple to put VCAST on the iphone, and we all know that would never happen...
    Sounds like a good App idea to me : ) Having a VCAST app exclusively available for vzw iPhones.. I'm trying to be optimistic lol
    04-01-2009 05:07 AM
    Sounds like a good App idea to me : ) Having a VCAST app exclusively available for vzw iPhones.. I'm trying to be optimistic lol
    Hahah, I don't blame you, but its not gonna happen!
    04-01-2009 10:43 AM
    I don't think it will happen. They keep rolling out new iPhones, and they aren't going to any other carrier but AT&T it seems like...so I really wouldn't put money on an iPhone coming to verizon.
    04-05-2009 04:21 PM
    I thought I read somewhere that VZW probably won't get an iPhone anytime soon; which I like because I'm not a fan of VZW
    04-21-2009 11:23 PM
    I thought I read somewhere that VZW probably won't get an iPhone anytime soon; which I like because I'm not a fan of VZW
    You obviously dont live in Southern California. ATT's service SUCKS here and Verizon's is amazing lol. Btw I read that when all of the carriers switch to the 4G network its possible the iPhone could go to Verizon.
    04-22-2009 11:40 PM
    Hello everyone! Just received the news and confirmation that alot of us have been looking for and speculating on. Is the Iphone coming to Verizon? Well the answer is a resounding yes. I know that there are alot of you thinking this person has only 1 post but I had to register this morning under a new name as this information was to good to keep to my self.

Well I along with about 20 other Verizon employees of differing status in the company have received actual confirmation the the Iphone will indeed be coming to Verizon guaranteed in 2009. They have actually been working on this for about 8-9 months and Apple has hired about 20 EV-DO , CDMA executives over the last several months. Everyone within the company is very excited that this deal has been solidified. Also there were a few questions allowed during the meeting, the most important being was if the Iphone would be a mirror image of what is on AT&T it will be for the most part except that Verizon will be receiving the Iphone 4G. I know that sounds far fetched but please believe me that we have LTE already up and being tested in alot more cities than you know. We were all surprised to find out what Verizon has been doing, but it was a very pleasant surprise. I know that the full roll out will not be until next year but select markets will begin using the LTE standard this year as we all know.

Those surveys that were given to people who have left Verizon and went to another carrier were what made Verizon make the jump. As a whopping 92% of the people who left Verizon stated they left for the Iphone. I will update you all with more information later as I have to get going. Just know that this was inevitable as Verizon has very deep pockets and they made sure that nothing was going to stop them from maintaining their #1 NA status. Hope you all have a great day.
    Last edited by onthelowlow; 05-11-2009 at 10:51 AM.
    05-11-2009 10:48 AM
    No offense, but I will believe it when I see it.
    05-11-2009 12:43 PM
    He posted the same info on Crackberry.com... no one there seems to believe it yet either. Not that it matters... it'll happen when it happens.
    05-12-2009 07:15 PM
    I don't see Verizon catching up to AT&T or even hurting them bad with just a "lite" version of the phone..
    05-12-2009 07:56 PM
    I think the "banned" under "onthelowlow" pretty much sums up the validity of what he had to say.
    05-13-2009 02:21 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD