After the last update of twitter, siri stopped working, I gave it 3 days or more to see if it worked it self out, NO. I deleted my twitter account via settings & then deleted the app. I reinstalled it, tried to sign back in, but couldn't. I remember generating a backup code but didn't write it down. I emailed twitter last night (9/4). I"m able to use it on my ipad but can't take the code off until I log into my phone. What can I do, if anything
    09-05-2013 06:33 PM
    Have you tried restoring from a backup that you may have made prior to the Twitter update? UPDATE: Alternatively, you can try logging into Twitter via your computer and go into the settings and then select "send login verification requests to my phone".
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 09-05-2013 at 07:06 PM.
    09-05-2013 06:50 PM
    even with the two-factor authentication & didn't write down the code? Haven't restored yet
    09-05-2013 07:25 PM
    even with the two-factor authentication & didn't write down the code?
    Yeah, you're right. Duh! on my part. #smh
    Haven't restored yet
    Okay. Update us afterwards, please.
    09-05-2013 07:47 PM
    is restoring the only thing I have left? Would apple store help since it twitter related even though on apple device...lol & would restoring help since it might be on twitter's end & not my phone
    09-05-2013 09:45 PM
    is restoring the only thing I have left? Would apple store help since it twitter related even though on apple device...lol & would restoring help since it might be on twitter's end & not my phone
    The issue you are having is with Twitter authentication and not the device itself. There is nothing that the Apple Store geniuses can do except recommend that you restore from a backup like I've recommended, but I could be wrong...
    09-05-2013 09:51 PM
    It didn't work. now what.LOL Does twitter ever e-mail you back, or reset something for ya
    09-05-2013 10:55 PM
    Maybe I'm misunderstandingI thought Twitter's 2-factor auth worked by sending you an SMS with a code when you tried to log in? (See this page: https://blog.twitter.com/2013/gettin...n-verification)

What happens when you try to login via safari?

Edit: I see now that you no longer have to use the SMS system: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08...uthentication/
    09-06-2013 12:12 AM
    You said you can use it on your iPad? Can you get to Security by tapping Me>Settings icon>Security? Maybe you can generate a backup code there?

Edit: seeing this on the Twitter help site:

"Note: You can also approve or deny your login requests from within the app by tapping Security, then tapping Login Requests. Pull down on the list to refresh for new requests. Requests will appear on this screen even if you did not receive a push notification.
    Backup codes

In the event that you need to generate a new backup code:

From the Me tab on your device, tap on the gear icon and select Settings.
    Tap the Security icon (Android users, tap your Account name first to see the Security option).
    Tap Backup code.
    Again, write the code down and keep it somewhere safe!
    To use your backup code, log in to twitter.com with your usual username and password combination. When you see that a login verification request has been sent, click the link to enter your backup code. Enter the backup code you've generated to log into the site. (Pro tip: Be sure to generate at least one backup code ahead of time, before you need it!)

Note: Backup codes are not the same as temporary passwords. You can generate up to five active backup codes at any given time. Be sure to use the codes in the order in which you generated them; using a code out of order will invalidate all previously generated codes."
    Last edited by Massie; 09-06-2013 at 12:45 AM.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-06-2013 12:31 AM
    When I go to security on my ipad I need to disable my code witch I want to turn off from the device I made it with. I made it on my deaktop though. I do use it on my iphone alot
    09-06-2013 10:09 AM
    are you able to call twitter. They are a company so they got to have a phone #. Even if some one higher up then just a user. I think I emailed twitter a few days ago. This is frustrating.
    09-06-2013 01:03 PM
    When I go to security on my ipad I need to disable my code witch I want to turn off from the device I made it with. I made it on my deaktop though. I do use it on my iphone alot
    Sorry, I'm still not really clear on what you're saying...when you follow the steps below, what happens?

From the Me tab on your iPad, tap on the gear icon and select Settings.
    Tap the Security icon.
    Tap Backup code.

Can you not get in that far before it tells you that you need the security code?
    09-06-2013 03:39 PM
    Here is a screen shot:
    Attached Thumbnails deleted twitter-mic.png  
    Last edited by Chris Cook5; 09-06-2013 at 11:52 PM.
    09-06-2013 06:25 PM
    im having the same problems... Sent numerous messages to Twitter Support. I have gotten only 1 response. The response didnt even refer to the problem i am having....
    09-20-2013 04:33 PM
    In regard to the 2-step authentication, without a backup code, Twitter sends a reset code via the Twitter app, however, you can't login to the Twitter app without being able to login to Twitter online for a temp code. Furthermore, you cannot login to Twitter online without authentication so you're out of luck. Resetting a username and password is not a problem. Twitter will tell you that you have 6 months to remember the backup code or other authentication code before your count is removed due to inactivity. They also recommend that you simply create a new account.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 10-09-2013 at 04:32 PM.
    09-20-2013 06:30 PM
    bayourock. thats more then I've got. I've sent them numerus of e-mail also but have yet to her back. What did you end up doing?

JustMe'd. Your saying they won't unlock your account? You have to make another one with another e-mail address? Is there anyway to find out your code? I can still use it on my ipad but NOT my phone.
    09-21-2013 12:32 AM
    I'm experiencing the same issue. I changed my phone and tried setting up back twitter on the new phone but inStead I got a message saying that I need to generate a temporary password, but how am supposed to do that if I can't even log in on either my phone or on the computer.
    10-09-2013 03:52 PM

JustMe'd. Your saying they won't unlock your account?
    Yes, I am.
    You have to make another one with another e-mail address?
    Yes, you do.
    Is there anyway to find out your code?
    Not to my knowledge.
    I can still use it on my ipad but NOT my phone.
    It doesn't matter. What you can try to do is create a backup using your iPad and restore it to the iPhone, but I'm only guessing.

I'm experiencing the same issue. I changed my phone and tried setting up back twitter on the new phone but inStead I got a message saying that I need to generate a temporary password, but how am supposed to do that if I can't even log in on either my phone or on the computer.
    I know, right.
    10-09-2013 04:31 PM