Facebook: Update?

zmenchhofer

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
A buddy of mine has a "newer" version of the facebook app. . . Im just wondering if anyone else has it?

the UI has changed. . Its dark gray, the top menu bar is at the bottom now. you cant slide left and right anymore to get more options.

Im working on getting a screen shot from him.

anyone else have it?

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Both my son and I have the iPhone 5 and he has the menu at the bottom but it's different then mine is. We both have the same version of facebook but for some reason, his looks completely different. I just got the "new" timeline feature on my web part yesterday and hate it but I only keep facebook to keep an eye on my kids anyhow.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
That actually sounds like the OLD version of the Facebook app (from before the sliding panels)...I know that for some reason certain users were getting that older build when updating the app, but I don't think there was ever a real explanantion. Maybe have him try uninstalling/reinstalling.

zmenchhofer

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Audit,

Do you have a screen shot?

We both have the exact same version. . . his layout is much better!

Both my son and I have the iPhone 5 and he has the menu at the bottom but it's different then mine is. We both have the same version of facebook but for some reason, his looks completely different. I just got the "new" timeline feature on my web part yesterday and hate it but I only keep facebook to keep an eye on my kids anyhow.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, looks like it might in fact be a redesign they're testing after all: mobilesyrup.com/2013/07/10/facebook-reportedly-testing-new-bottom-menu-design-for-its-iphone-and-android-apps/

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW