Business Contact photo shows unknown person from Facebook

dillchickadee

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi. New here. I can't find any info out on web about this. I called Direct TV to pay my bill and a guys pic shows as their contact photo. I didn't think much of it thought they may use pics of users, etc. After transaction was complete, I check out my Direct TV contact file. Sure enough, this guys photo is there with his Facebook info. I look that up on FB. He is from Africa and goes by Prouddaddy Nate Rucker. I called Direct TV but i got some lady i could barely understand and she will "make a note of it". Question: how did he get linked with my Direct TV contact on my iPhone5 and could he have received any of the info I made on the automated call? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This thread has been moved to the Facebook, Twitter, Google + and Social forum.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi. New here. I can't find any info out on web about this. I called Direct TV to pay my bill and a guys pic shows as their contact photo. I didn't think much of it thought they may use pics of users, etc. After transaction was complete, I check out my Direct TV contact file. Sure enough, this guys photo is there with his Facebook info. I look that up on FB. He is from Africa and goes by Prouddaddy Nate Rucker. I called Direct TV but i got some lady i could barely understand and she will "make a note of it". Question: how did he get linked with my Direct TV contact on my iPhone5 and could he have received any of the info I made on the automated call? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

When you called DirectTV, was YOUR account information intact? If yes, then I doubt that it has been compromised. As for the mix-up with your contacts, that is not uncommon. Personally, I recommend that you disassociate your Facebook contacts from your device, but I can't speak to how important your Facebook contact information is to you. I don't use Facebook, so I may be way off base with this, but have you logged in online and checked your settings? Your contacts that may or may not be listed on the Facebook website? Again, I don't use Facebook so these recommendations may not be possible.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened with me when I called Pizza Hut to place an order one say. It showed a picture if some random woman and had a link to her Facebook also. I just deleted that info from my Pizza Hut contact and its been fine since

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods