In reference to the article, Official Twitter for iPhone app leak reveals major update, interactive features and better notifications via the iMore blog, I am willing to give the upcoming app a try, but I doubt it will unseat Tweetbot as my go-to Twitter app, especially if ads are still a part of it.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    07-09-2012 09:09 AM
    enhanced notifications might be enough for me to give it another run for a while
    07-09-2012 01:43 PM
    It will be good, but if you are used to a power app like Tweetbot, you'll be disappointed. The Twitter for iPhone app is by far the best native Twitter app for any platform. It will meet 90% of people's needs. Then there is Tweetbot for the other 10% of us. I'll definitely give the T4iP update a go. I always try the new version but doubt it'll beat out my Tweetbot.
    07-09-2012 10:21 PM
    I heard that Twitter is trying to do away with power apps like Tweetbot.
    07-10-2012 01:06 AM
    I heard that Twitter is trying to do away with power apps like Tweetbot.
    not gonna happen. obviously Tweetbot is more of a threat than most would think lol
    07-10-2012 01:19 AM
    Looks amazing but all the social networking sites apps have failed let's hope for better in this app..
    07-10-2012 03:29 AM
    Looks amazing but all the social networking sites apps have failed let's hope for better in this app..
    Have you tried the official Twitter for iPhone app? It's one of the best designed and most functional apps available for iOS. The only reason so many people use Tweetbot is the power user features. Twitter for iPhone is far from a failure, like the Blackberry version is.
    07-10-2012 07:49 AM
    Have you tried the official Twitter for iPhone app? It's one of the best designed and most functional apps available for iOS. The only reason so many people use Tweetbot is the power user features. Twitter for iPhone is far from a failure, like the Blackberry version is.
    I agree. The T4iP app is indeed a worthwhile app, but I'm not sure if it will dethrone Tweetbot, especially if it contains ads.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    07-10-2012 08:13 AM
    I know it won't dethrone Tweetbot for those of us that love and use it. But I would say 90% of all iPhone based Twitter users use the official app. So neither app is really suffering. This'll just make Tapbots work harder to put more in to Tweetbot.
    07-10-2012 10:29 AM
    another thing i love about Tweetbot are the notification tones. very discreet and pleasant to the ears

every time i hear the dreaded tri-tone i want to break something. which is why i turn the sound OFF on any app that uses it
    07-10-2012 01:56 PM
    Well guys, Twitter for iPhone has been officially updated. This release seems to take direct aim at what Tweetbot does best. Some of the things like timeline content previews and quick tap shortcuts have been brought over.

It will be interesting to see who this wins over. I have no plans of switching. I love Tweetbot and it's just so much smoother than T4iP. I also don't like ads, something Twitter heavily integrates into the timeline on their native apps.
    07-10-2012 02:51 PM
    i am doing the unthinkable... deleting Tweetbot! i want to see what it's all about
    07-10-2012 03:12 PM
    i am doing the unthinkable... deleting Tweetbot! i want to see what it's all about
    Oh no you DIDN'T....
    07-10-2012 03:16 PM
    Oh no you DIDN'T....
    haha yeah i did and it is weird. guess i've been using Tweetbot for a while
    07-10-2012 04:04 PM
    really struggling with the UI but i am trying to use the enhanced notifications

must... hang on ... a .. little ... longer lol
    07-10-2012 04:19 PM
    How are the ads? Are they annoying?

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    07-10-2012 04:24 PM
    really struggling with the UI but i am trying to use the enhanced notifications

must... hang on ... a .. little ... longer lol
    You will be back to using Tweetbot by nightfall...(laughing)

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    07-10-2012 04:25 PM
    How are the ads? Are they annoying?
    oddly enough i have not seen any, yet

You will be back to using Tweetbot by nightfall...(laughing)
    wrong! ...before then buddy! haha
    07-10-2012 04:31 PM

Oh, no, Mr Bill!

The new twitter app still doesn't support tweet marker, so it's still a non-starter for me.

It has a nice look and feel, and could maybe possibly work, but not without the tweet marker function.
    07-10-2012 05:05 PM
    so apparently you have to turn OFF SMS for each person too or else you get double notifications (twitter and SMS) LAME
    07-10-2012 05:20 PM
    For you Tweetbot users: does that (or any other 3rd party Twitter app) integrate into iOS's native Twitter features, or do you need to have the official app installed? I've never used anything but the official app and you all have me curious!
    07-10-2012 05:22 PM
    HAHAHAAH..

07-10-2012 05:24 PM
    LOL^ well that didn't last long. back with Tweetbot--i'm home!
    07-10-2012 06:40 PM
    For you Tweetbot users: does that (or any other 3rd party Twitter app) integrate into iOS's native Twitter features, or do you need to have the official app installed? I've never used anything but the official app and you all have me curious!
    as far as i can tell the native OS does not necessarily need the official app to tweet. well, that's how it is with iOS 6. the same with FB and the ability to post messages from the NC

and no integration with Tweetbot but it has never been a concern for me either

"try it, you might like it"
    07-10-2012 06:48 PM
    I might give it a go soon, but I'm beta testing another Twitter app/tweak and want to keep things clean to avoid issues with that...the one thing that really bugs me about Tweetbot is the icon--I just think it's the worst. Of course, I can change that if needed!
    07-10-2012 09:37 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD