New Upcoming Twitter App

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It will be good, but if you are used to a power app like Tweetbot, you'll be disappointed. The Twitter for iPhone app is by far the best native Twitter app for any platform. It will meet 90% of people's needs. Then there is Tweetbot for the other 10% of us. I'll definitely give the T4iP update a go. I always try the new version but doubt it'll beat out my Tweetbot.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Looks amazing but all the social networking sites apps have failed let's hope for better in this app..

Have you tried the official Twitter for iPhone app? It's one of the best designed and most functional apps available for iOS. The only reason so many people use Tweetbot is the power user features. Twitter for iPhone is far from a failure, like the Blackberry version is.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried the official Twitter for iPhone app? It's one of the best designed and most functional apps available for iOS. The only reason so many people use Tweetbot is the power user features. Twitter for iPhone is far from a failure, like the Blackberry version is.

I agree. The T4iP app is indeed a worthwhile app, but I'm not sure if it will dethrone Tweetbot, especially if it contains ads.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I know it won't dethrone Tweetbot for those of us that love and use it. But I would say 90% of all iPhone based Twitter users use the official app. So neither app is really suffering. This'll just make Tapbots work harder to put more in to Tweetbot.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
another thing i love about Tweetbot are the notification tones. very discreet and pleasant to the ears

every time i hear the dreaded tri-tone i want to break something. which is why i turn the sound OFF on any app that uses it

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Well guys, Twitter for iPhone has been officially updated. This release seems to take direct aim at what Tweetbot does best. Some of the things like timeline content previews and quick tap shortcuts have been brought over.

It will be interesting to see who this wins over. I have no plans of switching. I love Tweetbot and it's just so much smoother than T4iP. I also don't like ads, something Twitter heavily integrates into the timeline on their native apps.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
really struggling with the UI but i am trying to use the enhanced notifications

must... hang on ... a .. little ... longer lol

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
really struggling with the UI but i am trying to use the enhanced notifications

must... hang on ... a .. little ... longer lol

You will be back to using Tweetbot by nightfall...(laughing)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i am doing the unthinkable... deleting Tweetbot! :eek: i want to see what it's all about

Oh, no, Mr Bill!

The new twitter app still doesn't support tweet marker, so it's still a non-starter for me.

It has a nice look and feel, and could maybe possibly work, but not without the tweet marker function.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Enhanced Notifications

so apparently you have to turn OFF SMS for each person too or else you get double notifications (twitter and SMS) LAME