Are you opting out of Twitter tracking?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Definitely yes! I logged into the web version like I do from time to time and perused the settings and made the necessary changes the other day. Most of my browsing is done via my iPhone and iPad and I keep the private browsing setting enabled. Also, I clean out the cookies & cache every time I close my browser. I've been doing that for years.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Definitely yes! I logged into the web version like I do from time to time and perused the settings and made the necessary changes the other day. Most of my browsing is done via my iPhone and iPad and I keep the private browsing setting enabled. Also, I clean out the cookies & cache everyone I close my browser. I've been doing that for years.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Exactly what I did / do as well my friend.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To be clear, this is a concern for people who use Twitter's web interface. Right? How does this affect those of us who only tweet via apps like Tweetbot?

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Better Safe Than (You Know The Rest)

I opted out within 24hrs of them launching this "service." Sounds like another way for them to try to generate ad revenue, etc by selling your information to companies who want to track your browsing habits. This is why I always log in from a computer at least once a week to check for new settings.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal