Why bother using Google+?

SimonSage

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
So, I'm still not sold on Google+. I checked it out again after the redesign, and I'm still not convinced that I need another broad social network to manage between Facebook and Twitter. I barely use LinkedIn as is. I've got a few niche networks that I hop into occasionally, like GetGlue and Foodspotting, but for the most part, I ignore 'em. I'm really curious to hear what you guys get out of Google+. Right now, it feels like this is the only path that could lead someone to using it regularly.

googleplus.png

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I tried it out for a little while when it was first introduced and invites were scarce and preferred it over Facebook, but, with the exception of Twitter, I never really warmed up to social networking sites of that nature.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

paul-c

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I think Google+ is nice, but I don't really feel like managing another social network. Couple that with the fact that no one I know is on there and it's tough to stay onboard.

natefish

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm using it because the app will upload backup my camera roll automatically. Nice to know my camera roll is backed up somewhere besides the cloud and viewable online.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think Google+ is nice, but I don't really feel like managing another social network. Couple that with the fact that no one I know is on there and it's tough to stay onboard.

Same here. Almost all of the people I associated with via Google+ were fellow Android users who had rooted their devices that I met via the XDA Developer Forum.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Sara Adam

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Google+ is a good social networking site but i am happy with Facebook..I tried manage both the accounts for 4 months but finally decided to choose one and thought Facebook would b a better idea...And then left my Google+ account...

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I think that Google+ will have its day for a couple reasons.

1) Now with the IPO, I think they are going to try and do too much with Facebook and it is going to get slow and cluttered like MySpace did and it is going to turn people off and they are going to look elsewhere for a good social media site.

2) I also think that Google is really (more than they are now) going to push Google+ with their Android devices. They have all the puzzle pieces, now they just have to put the whole thing together.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I use Google+ for Communities as there are several Google-related communities that interest me (Chromebooks, Nexus 7, etc.) The interface is nice and I find it easy to use but it runs kind of laggy on my chromebook (haven't bothered to even go there on my Mac Mini)

Ultimately though, a social network is only as useful to me as it is to my friends. I use facebook because that is what all my real life friends use. I'm not going to go to Google+ and just talk to myself after all. If everyone switched like when we all jumped ship from MySpace, I'd be fine using Google+

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW