Facebook App

General Tso

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
The official FB app is pure garbage. I've tried MyPad, don't like it. What are some of the best FB apps that you guys recommend? BTW, it simply amazes me that a company like FB can't make a better app than that.

JoshB410

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
The official FB app is pure garbage. I've tried MyPad, don't like it. What are some of the best FB apps that you guys recommend? BTW, it simply amazes me that a company like FB can't make a better app than that.

I'm assuming you are talking about the iPad version?

If so, I completely agree. Case and point, the iPhone got Facebook Timeline support in early December '11. How on early, over 4 months later, does the iPad app still not support Timeline?
App is slow, fairly often crashes, and Chat is essentially unusable from the iPad. Countless times I will log in on a computer and find a message that someone was trying to "Chat" to me while I was online on my iPad.

Luckily I am not a heavy Facebook user and don't have to use the iPad app very often.

For an alternative way of checking your Facebook (doesn't include EVERYTHING) download Flipboard.
You can link your Facebook, Twitter, and add any general interests and the app provides an aesthetically-pleasing way of scrolling through it all.

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
On my iPad (3rd gen) it is slow, crashes occassionally, doesn't auto refresh when you open the app (I always have to "Pull to Refresh") and always reverts to "Top Stories" even though I keep changing it to "Most Recent". It's frustrating!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

General Tso

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
It's so bad that for some reason the ratings in the app store have been removed. Is FB pressing Apple to not let this app/trash have a rating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73