What are your thoughts on Google+?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Google Talk is in IM+. One is a service, the other is a client. They are instant messaging.

Twitter and Google Plus are both social networks, not instant messaging.

alexiarudolf

Banned
Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Well i have used all these three things. I say using Twitter is simplest. Facebook is in industry for a way long time and people are therefore very friendly with it. If comparing between Facebook and Google +, google + is very new and it will take time to make it popular like facebook (i guess years). I don't leave any three of them. everyone has their own specializations and uses.

Rise & Shine,

Alexia

klcrow8690

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Personally because of all of the changes made to Facebook, I see it as becoming more annoying and higher matenience. I love Google+ and Twitter, but Facebook is just making me want to dump it in the trash.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Hangout on the iPhone?

just curious, has anyone attempted a hangout on their iPhone? if so, how was the quality?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i doubt G+ will be the FB Killer that some people think. i am having a difficult time getting my friends to convert. i look at it as just another social network, not THE only one for me

however, i'm finding myself making new friends on G+, which is pretty cool

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I installed Google+ fairly early. Before the public release. I have one friend who posts several times a week. Maybe four other friends who post once every week or two. Lots of people who follow me, but since I don't post anything public- I don't see the point. I can read their posts, but they don't really interest me. None of my family or close friends have adopted it. The interface seems awkward and boring. It is not visually pleasing.

Did you watch F8? I was entranced. I wasn't as annoyed by the Ticker as most- I gave it a chance, and now really like it. I appreciate the little not-so-important comments being removed from my news feed. I installed Timeline as soon as I discovered that could be done ahead of time and have worked the last two weekends adding content from milestone events in the years past. When I look at my timeline, or those of my few friends that have taken the time to install it ahead of time, I see a rich, colorful, interesting documentation of what my friends want to say is important in their lives. I don't know about Open Graph- I'll have to see what it is like when it goes live and I am able to install some of the apps. It looks very interesting, though.

I have _lots_ of close friends, acquaintances, family, coworkers who actively participate on Facebook, most daily, lots constantly! Compared to that, Google+ is just so barren and sterile.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
just curious, has anyone attempted a hangout on their iPhone? if so, how was the quality?

I haven't started any, but I've participated in a few. The quality is good, probably better than it was back in the day when I was doing a lot of video/irc chat from the pc.

I'm still a huge fan of G+, although I'm so busy these days I'm not posting as prolifically as I once did on Twitter. My only posts on FB are automatic, things like 4square checkins or blog posts.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Meh.
I'm to involved in facebook to get up and move to another social network.
Not to mention the few weeks i spent there, the search didn't work for friends at all. I had to manually get a link to their page.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I like Google+ for sharing news articles and discovering content. However, I find that since not all my friends have Gmail accounts, then I don't have a lot of people to share with/connect with. Facebook remains my primary network.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I installed Google+ fairly early. Before the public release. I have one friend who posts several times a week. Maybe four other friends who post once every week or two. Lots of people who follow me, but since I don't post anything public- I don't see the point. I can read their posts, but they don't really interest me. None of my family or close friends have adopted it. The interface seems awkward and boring. It is not visually pleasing.

Did you watch F8? I was entranced. I wasn't as annoyed by the Ticker as most- I gave it a chance, and now really like it. I appreciate the little not-so-important comments being removed from my news feed. I installed Timeline as soon as I discovered that could be done ahead of time and have worked the last two weekends adding content from milestone events in the years past. When I look at my timeline, or those of my few friends that have taken the time to install it ahead of time, I see a rich, colorful, interesting documentation of what my friends want to say is important in their lives. I don't know about Open Graph- I'll have to see what it is like when it goes live and I am able to install some of the apps. It looks very interesting, though.

I have _lots_ of close friends, acquaintances, family, coworkers who actively participate on Facebook, most daily, lots constantly! Compared to that, Google+ is just so barren and sterile.

How did you get Timeline? I clicked the button to Sign Up, but haven't been upgraded to Timeline yet.

iRandom

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I love it. All the advantages of Twitter and a forum rolled into one without the games and silliness associated with Facebook. I could easily use it instead of the other two even without a usable app. After all, when I first started on Twitter there were no apps.

G+ has so much more to offer.

I agree with Alli. It's like twitter and Facebook combined.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
How did you get Timeline? I clicked the button to Sign Up, but haven't been upgraded to Timeline yet.

Just Google How To Get Facebook Timeline Now, or similar. You'll find links. There is a step by step pictorial post that tells you exactly what to do. You sign up to be a Facebook developer. It only takes a few minutes.

Once you are a developer and have Timeline, only other developers can see your Timeline now. So then you have to badger your friends into doing it.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Just Google How To Get Facebook Timeline Now, or similar. You'll find links. There is a step by step pictorial post that tells you exactly what to do. You sign up to be a Facebook developer. It only takes a few minutes.

Once you are a developer and have Timeline, only other developers can see your Timeline now. So then you have to badger your friends into doing it.

correct me if i'm wrong but isn't Timeline, and other new features, supposed to go public soon?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner