What are your thoughts on Google+?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I prefer Twitter way more than G+ or FB. I do like G+ more than FB but my timeline is getting slower and slower everyday on G+. People seem to be abandoning G+ already and they are admitting it. It hope G+ does catch on for the long haul.

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I'd be on Google+ more if the iOS app didnt crash on iOS 5 everytime i click anything other then notifications. But I do like it better then Facebook, but I like twitter the best.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I like Google+ over Facebook but really don't think that it will attract as many users as Facebook. Although there once was a myspace dominating the market. Only time will tell I suppose.

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I'd be on Google+ more if the iOS app didnt crash on iOS 5 everytime i click anything other then notifications. But I do like it better then Facebook, but I like twitter the best.

+ 1 for me! I might use it more once the app works like it should on iOS 5.

However I see a couple of disadvantages for G+. One downfall is most people aren't going to switch from Facebook. A second downfall is that they will not want to update both G+ and Facebook. Facebook just has too much of a lead over G+ IMO. Most of my friends are already established on Facebook and aren't interested in starting over on G+.

Last edited:

fdeschenes

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
+ 1 for me! I might use it more once the app works like it should on iOS 5.

However I see a couple of disadvantages for G+. One downfall is most people aren't going to switch from Facebook. A second downfall is that they will not want to update both G+ and Facebook. Facebook just has too much of a lead over G+ IMO. Most of my friends are already established on Facebook and aren't interested in starting over on G+.

I couldn't agree more.

The fact that the app crashes on iOS 5 is a huge reason I haven't been active on G+. Convincing my friends to switch has been a difficult task because of the reasons you mention above.

With that said, G+ has a few advantages over Facebook. Unless you're addicted to Facebook and that it's your sole reason to use the Internet, changes are you use Google to search. The fact that G+ is integrate through the entire Google experience makes it relatively convenient to use. Secondly, the concept of circles is easy to understand and provide a certain level of control over your privacy something that's not so simple to setup using Facebook.

Personally, once the iOS app works on iOS 5, I'll switch to G+.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I love it. All the advantages of Twitter and a forum rolled into one without the games and silliness associated with Facebook. I could easily use it instead of the other two even without a usable app. After all, when I first started on Twitter there were no apps.

G+ has so much more to offer.

kayno

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
I like G+ better than Twitter and Facebook and use it more than I use Twitter or Facebook.. However Like another poster said.. My streams have started slowing down because People seem to be going back to Twitter.. I will still use it.. It has a lot to offer..

Teemu

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I like G+ more than Facebook but Im not sure about Twitter I just like it because it's so good and reliable (Facebook have some wierd bugs). And I don't have any friends using G+. Yet.

-Teemu

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I love it. All the advantages of Twitter and a forum rolled into one without the games and silliness associated with Facebook. I could easily use it instead of the other two even without a usable app. After all, when I first started on Twitter there were no apps.

G+ has so much more to offer.

So much for no games on G+...

Games launched on Google Plus

---
- Posted with Tapatalk

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I gave it a go and killed it shortly after. It's a ghost town and I can't be bothered to migrate and update all my stuff into/in Google+.

That and maybe 3 people I know actually use it, the rest don't care and, like me, are sticking with FB.

---
- Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 b5.