twitter app

c8169

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
is there a twitter app for iphone that will give me push notifications for my timeline when somebody tweets like on android phones?

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I use Echofon. I haven't tweeted much lately so I can't remember all of the features, but it does give notifications. I like it much better than the native twitter app.

They have a free version but notifications only work for other Echofon users. Don't quote me though. Read through their features.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i too am looking for a decent app that will push timeline notifications--consistently!

i am currently using Boxcar for timeline pushes and for whatever reason i am not getting ALL of the timeline tweets. seems to be well known..

can someone actually suggest one that can do this?

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Tweetings is my favorite Twitter app. It's push isn very fast and reliable. It also has Facebook integration, mute, different themes, inline pic preview and many other features. It by far has just about any feature you are looking for in a Twitter app. Sometime it can be a little laggy but it's not enough of a problem to keep me from using it. I love it.

bizfox

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Tweetbot Is good.

While Tweetbot is an excellent app, it doesn't have native push notifications for the general timeline. Now if you arrange everything in lists, then you'll get the notifications. About the only app I know that can push general timeline tweets is Boxcar.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I had used Boxcar until Tweetbot updated to do push.

If you follow more than 25 people, why in he11 would you want your entire timeline pushed?

bizfox

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I had used Boxcar until Tweetbot updated to do push.

If you follow more than 25 people, why in he11 would you want your entire timeline pushed?

I'm not sure about other people, but I do agree with this. After a few minutes, notifications for every new tweet will definitely drive me nuts haha.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i completely understand the fact that you guys may follow hundreds of people and timeline pushes would be ridiculous. so why not create an option to select who you want timeline pushes from? am i crazy??!1!

does tweetbot do timeline push?

Last edited:

paul100

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I use Echofon. I haven't tweeted much lately so I can't remember all of the features, but it does give notifications. I like it much better than the native twitter app.

They have a free version but notifications only work for other Echofon users. Don't quote me though. Read through their features.

I agreed !!! I am also using Echofon.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I, too, am using Echofon. It has all the features that I'm looking for, but lately my push notifications haven't been working..so I may switch to Tweetings

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
+1 for Tweetbot. It was already my first choice for twitter, but with the recent addition of a "mute" function, it'd damn near perfect now!

Posted with Tapatalk