Facebook uploads in beta 3

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
it seems only in beta 3, I cannot upload pictures to facebook using the fb for iPhone app. It always wants to save the picture to upload later, on 3G and wifi.

On face.ly some of the icons don't show up in iOS 5 beta 3, like the facebook icon, notifications and the back icon.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
In every iOS 5 beta thread, someone complains about the Facebook app.

Please try to remember that:

1) The Facebook app is a piece of crap and is inconsistent even on 4.3 and below.
2) The beta is meant so that devs can test their apps and make sure what is running/not running in the os itself - not so that Joe average can have the coolest new version and complain about his apps not running.

There is really no reason for this thread to continue, but I would feel bad about closing it.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Close it. This isn't a place to cry about broken apps on beta software, even when the software doesn't work right on the official latest releases.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i read elsewhere that if you turn off location services it will allow you to upload

i cannot confirm as i do not have a FB account. if i did i would NEVER leave the internet. never

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I wasnt complaining, I was just asking if it was just me or if others were having this problem too. I found some problems were solved when I did a clean restore of beta 3 yesterday.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Close it. This isn't a place to cry about broken apps on beta software, even when the software doesn't work right on the official latest releases.

Is this attitude really necessary? The OP didn't say it rudely or act outraged, they just stated the issue. What happened to "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"? Just because maybe you think the discussion isn't interesting doesn't mean those of us with this bug (me included) are wasting everyone's time by talking about it.

To the OP: I have this bug too... it's definitely weird! Unfortunately for me it's the biggest bug impacting my daily phone usage, so I'm gonna try and get off the beta and back to the latest official iOS. *crosses fingers* haha

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Is this attitude really necessary? The OP didn't say it rudely or act outraged, they just stated the issue. What happened to "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"? Just because maybe you think the discussion isn't interesting doesn't mean those of us with this bug (me included) are wasting everyone's time by talking about it.

To the OP: I have this bug too... it's definitely weird! Unfortunately for me it's the biggest bug impacting my daily phone usage, so I'm gonna try and get off the beta and back to the latest official iOS. *crosses fingers* haha

Yes it is necessary. Go back to the top of the iOS 5 forum and look at the sticky labeled iOS 5.0 beta broken apps thread. Now what could the first page have in most posts? Yes, Facebook problems. Go to the beta 3 sticky now. More facebook issues.

Bottom line, the OP is beating a dead horse. They can't even get it right on the official 4.3.4 release, much less iOS 5 beta 1, 2, 3, and 4.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is necessary. Go back to the top of the iOS 5 forum and look at the sticky labeled iOS 5.0 beta broken apps thread. Now what could the first page have in most posts? Yes, Facebook problems. Go to the beta 3 sticky now. More facebook issues.

Bottom line, the OP is beating a dead horse. They can't even get it right on the official 4.3.4 release, much less iOS 5 beta 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Ok, so we got the point you think it's stupid. Too bad the forums aren't yours, and others can talk about what they want. If you don't like it, stop posting. Do us ALL the favor. You sour a LOT on these forums sometimes...

On topic. I just downgraded because of this bug... it's nice to be able to upload again :D I never had that bug in previous betas... it just swooped in on b3 haha. Oh well!

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
In every iOS 5 beta thread, someone complains about the Facebook app.

Please try to remember that:

1) The Facebook app is a piece of crap and is inconsistent even on 4.3 and below.
2) The beta is meant so that devs can test their apps and make sure what is running/not running in the os itself - not so that Joe average can have the coolest new version and complain about his apps not running.

There is really no reason for this thread to continue, but I would feel bad about closing it.

Lol, can ya feel the love:D

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so we got the point you think it's stupid. Too bad the forums aren't yours, and others can talk about what they want. If you don't like it, stop posting. Do us ALL the favor. You sour a LOT on these forums sometimes...

Ha! You can always put me on your ignore list. BTW, Facebook updated their app today.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
it seems to be working fine in beta 4 with the updated facebook app, im not sure which one fixed it, apple or facebook.

the FB app really is pretty pathetic... but since Apple updated iOS, the app developers (even Zuck) have to update their apps in most cases... I'm thinking that's what happened here... but it's still a POS app, IMHO.

That said, it's still way better than FB's BlackBerry app, FWIW.

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
the FB app really is pretty pathetic... but since Apple updated iOS, the app developers (even Zuck) have to update their apps in most cases... I'm thinking that's what happened here... but it's still a POS app, IMHO.

I'm going to edit your statement there. It's not the FB app that's pretty pathetic...it's FB that's pathetic.

And some people are just thin skinned.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2