Google+ invites

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamjose

May 26, 2011
Visit site

ARSkemp@gmail.com. An invite would be awesome!

Thanks.

Would greatly appreciate being added.
boes1cc@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

Been reading a bunch about Google+ and would like to see what the fuss is about and whether it can truly compete with FB. If someone could "add" me (divecj5@gmail.com) that would be awesome!!

-Adam

aaronsface82

Invite button is back!!! Just sent the invites... Let me know if you get them and get in!

Reactions: divecj5

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok I just tagged everyone in a post on Google+ that has commented thus far. I'm sorry for the spam email if you are already in LOL! I just want to be safe XD

I heard the invites are down so I figured I'd try the tagging method as it's worked every time so far! Hopefully they didn't catch it D:

iamjose

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure why Google+ would ask me to invite people only to keep them waiting at the door... seems like a pretty crappy thing to do Google!

mtcowdog

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in trying Google+ but fail to understand why they are using this limited approach. The point of social is that we the users control our information and community(s). It even sounds worse when people who are in (the chosen few) put out invites that don't work. Google gets the technical but seems to fail on the user side.

If google doesn't want us users, why should we want to use their services?
:confused:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Google has used this model for every service they've put out from gmail, to Google Voice, to Wave, to +. They've proven that despite it being annoying for some people who don't get in as quickly as they want, it works. And more importantly, it generates one hell of a buzz in the meanwhile.

I'm interested in trying Google+ but fail to understand why they are using this limited approach. The point of social is that we the users control our information and community(s). It even sounds worse when people who are in (the chosen few) put out invites that don't work. Google gets the technical but seems to fail on the user side.

If google doesn't want us users, why should we want to use their services?
:confused:

mtcowdog

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I had one of the first gmail accounts. But this is a different beast. A community of the few that excludes most is not social; it's a geek toy. The only buzz I see is that google doesn't get social. The sad part is that people like me are open to google's products (longtime android user, gmail user, google docs user), but google seems to want to make their products closed.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I had one of the first gmail accounts. But this is a different beast. A community of the few that excludes most is not social; it's a geek toy. The only buzz I see is that google doesn't get social. The sad part is that people like me are open to google's products (longtime android user, gmail user, google docs user), but google seems to want to make their products closed.

Not at all. Google is just testing the system and at the same time, allowing the frenzy to build. It's not unlike many of their other products - released in almost the exact same way.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Exactly what I said, Hank.

mtcowdog, this is not a different beat, it's exactly the same beat that Google has always drummed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods