View Poll Results: What are your Twitter plans for iOS5?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use Twitter a lot and still will.

14 51.85%
  • I have a Twitter account and use it a little but I'll use it more.

5 18.52%
  • I have a Twitter account and use it a little and will use it the same.

5 18.52%
  • I have a Twitter account, don't use it, but will start now.

2 7.41%
  • I don't have a Twitter account but might try it out.

0 0%
  • I don't have a Twitter account and don't plan on getting one.

1 3.70%
    With Twitter being more integrated into iOS 5 I'm just curious how people's use of it will change.
    06-29-2011 08:18 AM
    Yuck. Never used it, never will.
    06-29-2011 08:26 AM
    I love Twitter, fastest way to get news nowadays.
    ubuntudroid likes this.
    06-29-2011 08:30 AM
    i use it a lot now. A lot. The integration into iOS 5 won't make a difference to me as I can't stand Twitter for iPhone. I prefer getting my Boxcar notifications and using the client of my choice.
    06-29-2011 08:34 AM
    I don't really post on twitter so it's integration really won't mean anything for me. Following for news and stuff will not change for me.
    06-29-2011 08:42 AM
    certain things will be cool like if I take a picture or I'm on a website I can easily just tweet it out. However I will still be using my usual clients on the different devices. I do think it will make it alot easier for the more n00b user who either doesn't know about clients or is intimidated by them.
    06-29-2011 10:18 AM
    I already use it a lot but I think it will make it even easier and I'll probably end up using it more.
    06-29-2011 12:46 PM
    i use it a lot now. A lot. The integration into iOS 5 won't make a difference to me as I can't stand Twitter for iPhone. I prefer getting my Boxcar notifications and using the client of my choice.
    Me, too... the only nice part of integrated Twitter app is the ability to tweet photos directly from the camera roll. Osfoora all the way, baby.

What WOULD be nice is to make the Twitter client configurable - be able to choose any installed Twitter client as the default for the picture tweeting, etc... but that's probably a pipe dream...
    06-29-2011 01:04 PM
    I have 37k tweets. I already use it a lot. I could care less about the integration
    06-29-2011 01:19 PM
    I have 37k tweets. I already use it a lot. I could care less about the integration
    Honestly the only integration really is the ability to send pictures without going into the app. Won't effect how I use Twitter one bit.
    06-29-2011 01:36 PM
    Honestly the only integration really is the ability to send pictures without going into the app. Won't effect how I use Twitter one bit.
    true. Ive used it maybe twice. I still prefer just using TwitPic or something like that
    06-29-2011 01:51 PM
    Pretty much sums up my thoughts. Still, its nice to have the added ability.
    06-29-2011 02:44 PM
    I don't know if it's possible to use twitter more than I do now.

Personally, the pic integration isn't a fav of mine. it puts it in a link and on the desktop version, they click on it, and it sends them to that status update, not the actual picture link. They could really cut out out a step. Same amount of time to open the app and upload the pic.
    06-29-2011 04:46 PM
    I second this! Boxcar + Tweetlogix for me
    06-29-2011 05:50 PM
    I'd prefer it have been Facebook integrated. I have a Twitter account but to be honest.....I'm just not into it, it's all foreign to me.
    06-29-2011 06:38 PM
    to anyone who uses the Boxcar timeline push notifications. have you or do you successfully get ALL of your notifications??

eveytime i try to use it there are always tweets in my timeline that did not get pushed to my device. very frustrating.. to the point of me deleting it
    06-29-2011 06:43 PM
    to anyone who uses the Boxcar timeline push notifications. have you or do you successfully get ALL of your notifications??

eveytime i try to use it there are always tweets in my timeline that did not get pushed to my device. very frustrating.. to the point of me deleting it
    I don't use it for timeline notifications, only for mentions, DM's and RT's ... However, I've noticed that the only time it does not notify me is when the person who is tweeting a mention or RT has their account set to private. Every other notification I'll get. So maybe the same might be true for your timeline notifications - those users have their account set to private, therefore Boxcar doesn't push them.
    06-29-2011 06:55 PM
    I use Tweetbot so probably not
    06-29-2011 07:22 PM
    I only use it for DM's and mentions. I follow around a thousand people, so using it for the timeline would be kinda silly...it would be going off all day long.
    06-29-2011 09:34 PM
    that's the thing.. i do not follow very many people and i would in fact like to receive updates every time. with the Notification Center i would simply turn the sound off but still see the notification on my lockscreen or drop down
    06-29-2011 09:50 PM
    I have an account that I use everyday and the changes in iOS 5 make it much easier. Much nicer to have it baked into the system itself. I would love to see widget support in the Notification center though.
    06-29-2011 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD