Best Facebook and twitter app?

frostey

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried other Facebook and twitter apps? What ones have you tried, what one do you use and what u like about it?

I tried facely, it's not bad. I like the browser effect, I wish there was a Facebook app that was legit browser but faster then just using the browser to get to Facebook.com, and as far as twitter goes, I just use the regular one never tried anything else

Crucial_Xtreme

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't use FB. As for Twitter, I use Osfoora and I love it. The UI is sleek and intelligent. Echofon is a good twitter app as well. I'd check out both.

anon4705193

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I have both Twitter for iPhone and Echofon (have one installed on iPod Touch and one on iPhone to try them simultaneously) and I'm starting to lean more toward Echofon. I just like the layout and interface better than the official Twitter app. For Facebook, I've only used the Facebook app but I would love something better than that

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The only thing that will come close to the official FB app is "Facebook HD." But it's just a rehash of
the touch site. I also use Osfoora. I randomly switch between that and Echofon. But Osfoora is my
daily driver.

frostey

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I been trying them all out. i think im jsut going to add a shorcut of the actuall facebook.com on my homescreen or something :/

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Osfoora FTW. I used to use Echofon and Twitter for iPhone but Osfoora is the best IMHO. As for FB I think the only real option is the official app or to use FB via Safari.

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't use FB. As for Twitter, I use Osfoora and I love it. The UI is sleek and intelligent. Echofon is a good twitter app as well. I'd check out both.
Agreed on Osfoora! Add Boxcar for notifications for Osfoora. It's a great app for that as well. The Facetime HD app (.99 cents) is okay, you can actually customize the app. Change back ground colors, etc. I still stick with the original app. Too many weird bugs on the HD app.

hoho

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I use "Friends" app for FB hate the standard FB app. Twitter i use Osfoora , think it just works smoothly and has everything you need minus push. (Boxcar for Push)

WK446

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I used to use the official Twitter iOS app and now use Twittelator. It is superb - very customizable, smooth, bug free, and extremely responsive. Its developer seems like a perfectionist, finely honing his art. The official Twitter app is not bad by any means and it's free, but if you are a serious Twitter junkie, there are other options.

Incidentally, I have used Echofon Pro as well and it is also another good alternative.

With regard to Facebook apps, I have used Facely HD and the official Facebook app. I don't think there are many differences between them - the performance is generally about the same (i.e, somewhat sluggish) with the only glaring differences being mostly the appearance tweaks. Uploading photos to the official Facebook app is pretty horrid. I ended up getting the iUploader app for the purpose of better photo and video uploading for Facebook. It's rather silly that another app would be required to perform this task and it should be addressed in the official app.

The competition for aftermarket Facebook apps is not nearly as fierce as with Twitter apps. Perhaps that is why there are so few aftermarket Facebook apps?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I used to use the official Twitter iOS app and now use Twittelator. It is superb - very customizable, smooth, bug free, and extremely responsive. Its developer seems like a perfectionist, finely honing his art. The official Twitter app is not bad by any means and it's free, but if you are a serious Twitter junkie, there are other options.

Incidentally, I have used Echofon Pro as well and it is also another good alternative.

With regard to Facebook apps, I have used Facely HD and the official Facebook app. I don't think there are many differences between them - the performance is generally about the same (i.e, somewhat sluggish) with the only glaring differences being mostly the appearance tweaks. Uploading photos to the official Facebook app is pretty horrid. I ended up getting the iUploader app for the purpose of better photo and video uploading for Facebook. It's rather silly that another app would be required to perform this task and it should be addressed in the official app.

The competition for aftermarket Facebook apps is not nearly as fierce as with Twitter apps. Perhaps that is why there are so few aftermarket Facebook apps?

I'm looking twittelator. I'm taking a test drive with the free one right now. I have a question. When I create a custom theme, it won't stick after I close the app. It reverts back to the stock theme. Is this maybe a bug or because it's the free version? I'm leaning towards a bug because if they didn't want you doing it in the free version then the option for "custom" would be greyed out.

WK446

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
forever29: I am using the Pro version of Twittelator and I don't encounter that issue you mention with theming. It is more than likely a restriction of the free version.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro