I'm thinking about getting an iPhone on the 10th but I have a question about the Notifications... For Twitter, if your phone is locked or you're running a different app, will you get some sort of new tweet notifications? With any app, MSN, facebook... or do you have to open the app and look for updates?
    02-07-2011 10:47 AM
    You can have it set up to alert you. You have the option for alerts to have just a sound, badge, and/or an alert. So pick your poison. (An alert will wake the phone. While a badge is a simple number by the icon with the number of alerts - will not wake the phone.)
    02-07-2011 10:51 AM
    Some twitter apps offer push notifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-07-2011 10:56 AM
    You can have it set up to alert you. You have the option for alerts to have just a sound, badge, and/or an alert. So pick your poison. (An alert will wake the phone. While a badge is a simple number by the icon with the number of alerts - will not wake the phone.)
    what do you mean it will wake the phone? & and what are you doing here Jeremy I thought you were an Android guy lol. So you're saying if you have the phone in your pocket or on your nightstand the entire phone will light up?
    02-07-2011 11:02 AM
    what do you mean it will wake the phone? & and what are you doing here Jeremy I thought you were an Android guy lol. So you're saying if you have the phone in your pocket or on your nightstand the entire phone will light up?
    I own a Android device, Windows Phone, and iPhone.

Wake the phone, meaning the phone will light up and see a alert. Again you can change what way you want to be notified with each individual app you install that has push notifications.
    02-07-2011 11:23 AM
    Yes, u can set it up where it pushes the content to show a lil "1" next to the icon or even displays a popup on your screen saying there's a new mess on Twitter or whatever.
    02-09-2011 03:06 PM
    Some twitter apps offer push notifications.

I just use Notifo. Pushes instantly 95% of the time.
    02-09-2011 03:46 PM
    That app must be like boxcar.

02-10-2011 12:12 AM
    That app must be like boxcar.

Yeah, but I find it much better than Boxcar.
    02-10-2011 02:33 PM
    Boxcar is much better these days. Ive used them both
    02-10-2011 02:50 PM
    Boxcar is much better these days. Ive used them both
    Boxcar is pretty sweet. i had to finally had to take a good look at my notification options in my twitter timeline...

had so many i was raping my battery
    02-10-2011 02:55 PM
    Boxcar is pretty sweet. i had to finally had to take a good look at my notification options in my twitter timeline...

had so many i was raping my battery
    Its is so quick to. I use it with Osfoora since that app doesnt have push
    02-10-2011 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD