Who Else Has Twitter?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Odd, I tried finding the old Twitter thread and couldn't find it either. I know it's there, cause I remember suggesting that instead of just posting your Twitter name, you also give a reason for following you. Kinda like using a profile - we don't want to just follow John Doe.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Odd, I tried finding the old Twitter thread and couldn't find it either. I know it's there, cause I remember suggesting that instead of just posting your Twitter name, you also give a reason for following you. Kinda like using a profile - we don't want to just follow John Doe.

I would imagine it would be because we all obviously have a common interest since we're all on this site. Beyond that though, you can look at someone's page and Tweets and decide if you want to follow them. :)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I would imagine it would be because we all obviously have a common interest since we're all on this site. Beyond that though, you can look at someone's page and Tweets and decide if you want to follow them. :)

While this is true, I want to see the biography on someone's Twitter home page. Just because you have an iPhone doesn't mean that's what you tweet about. I tend to tweet a LOT about football during the regular season (and pre-season). I do a lot of local tweeting. Do I want to follow someone who tweets only quotes? Absolutely not. Do I want to follow someone who tweets about political/religious views 9 of 10 tweets, and on the 10th mentions an iPhone app? Definitely not.

A common interest doesn't define your Twitter life.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
While this is true, I want to see the biography on someone's Twitter home page. Just because you have an iPhone doesn't mean that's what you tweet about. I tend to tweet a LOT about football during the regular season (and pre-season). I do a lot of local tweeting. Do I want to follow someone who tweets only quotes? Absolutely not. Do I want to follow someone who tweets about political/religious views 9 of 10 tweets, and on the 10th mentions an iPhone app? Definitely not.

A common interest doesn't define your Twitter life.

Right, and that's why I gave the second reason. You can look at someone's Tweets and page before following them to answer all those questions for yourself.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2