Problems with facebook & remote

davedmnd

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
New poster, long time observer of the site.

Had my iPhone 4 since a few weeks after release, had no problems until now!

all of a sudden my remote to control my iTunes doesn't pick up my library and won't do a thing, any ideas on this?

and...

my facebook app signs me out every couple of minutes, I literally can't do anything on the app without it signing me out and then it asking me to sign in again, any ideas on this?

With both, i've tried the usual delete/reinstall numerous times and no luck. It's not like they're life saving apps, but kind of annoying since nothing has changed on my phone etc.

Thanks!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Facebook has NEVER worked 100% for me...it always has some glitch or bug or something. Your issue with it has not happened to me but i always have phantom notifications, updates that dont process or process hours after i post them, freeze ups in searches and within menus, etc etc etc. It's a poorly written app, which just happens to be one of the most popular as well (which is prob the reasoning why it's so glitchy).

The Apple remote on the other hand has never given me trouble...i just checked it and its working great still.

MobileMania

Banned
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Same boat. I had never been completely satisfied using FB in my iPhone. I was thinking that to uninstall then re install but since you mentioned it did not work for you, I might reconsider.

Hope you find answer.

davedmnd

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Okay, after giving it a final go, Remote is now working perfectly. Good news.

However, Facebook is going to make me throw my phone at a wall, like you said it never seems to run perfectly, but this whole signing me out every 2 minutes is the final straw. I've given up and just deleted it for now, hopefully they'll update it soon!

Thanks

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I honestly can't say that this will do ANYTHING useful for you, but check your actual facebook settings on your computer and see if there's anything on there that is keeping your account from staying signed in. I'd check for you but I dont have my personal computer with me this morning and it's blocked out on my patrol cars tough book. For some reason i remember seeing some "mobile" settings the last time i was looking at my account's settings on my mac...