Facebook 3.1 now available WITH PUSH NOTIFICATIONS!!

jnickell

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
My fear is that when you sync contacts - it adds ALL your facebook contacts to your iPhone. I don't want ALL of them only update the ones I have. Anyone know?

BLu

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I clicked no to that straight away, and to replacing existing contact pics with FB profile pics too.
No way do I want that.
Can't see anywhere to change the option if I did want to now though?!

Sounds not working for me either, despite being set to do so. Anyone else?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Dont use the sounds but the push notifies and badges work. I also saw a sync option on one of the pages.

BLu

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Ah?it's in 'friends'. Small sync button at the top.
Funny that?

still no sounds for me for some reason. Badge & notification working fine. Gonna reinstall I think

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Downloaded it but so far PUSH isn't working. I'll stay tuned....

And the contact sync doesn't sync everyone. Just whoever you have already in your
phone contacts.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
the sync only adds photos and facebook links for existing contacts if they match people on facebook (not just friends)

it's not 100% accurate.

I want a way to select people and it keeps their personal info in sync with their profile whenever I load the app.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know how push notifications are supposed to work when multiple accounts sign into facebook on the same iPhone? Does it just use the last account signed in or all accounts that have signed in, and is it only if you don't press the "logout" button? I don't want my gf's push notifications lol.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Anyone know how push notifications are supposed to work when multiple accounts sign into facebook on the same iPhone? Does it just use the last account signed in or all accounts that have signed in, and is it only if you don't press the "logout" button? I don't want my gf's push notifications lol.

The notifications are for whatever account is signed in to the actual app
itself. If your GF's account is currently signed in then I believe those are
the notifications that will push.

If by multiple you mean someone is signed on to the app, someone else to
the mobile site, the push is for the app.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Sound/vibrate is not working for me either. Several of the pictures and/or "home page" facebook links were incorrect either. It really really bothers me that it finds people based on phone number even if you don't have that contact as a friend. I don't want people getting my facebook link just because they have my phone number. Granted, they still need to ask for a friend request... but still, it seems so intrusive. Facebook should only provide sync information for contacts that are currently your friends in Facebook. Also, many people are reporting having their contact's photos replaced during a sync even when they have that option selected as OFF. epic fail.

I feel like this long awaited update was rushed and released way too soon. There are too many bugs. Terrible release. Terrible.

Oh, and I also hate that when syncing contacts it adds facebook links as a "home page". Um... Facebook isn't a home page. It should create a custom label that says "facebook". I went through my contacts and changed them all. And if you already have a "home page" for a contact, facebook sync just doesn't add the link at all. It's so weird.

Like I said... terrible update.

taroliw

Apr 5, 2005
www.billsden.org
I want a way to select people and it keeps their personal info in sync with their profile whenever I load the app.

Yes, I like that capability of Fex. I guess I'll keep Fex until Facebook gets it right. I have several contacts who have different names than the actual matching friend.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox