Facebook 3.1 now available WITH PUSH NOTIFICATIONS!!

taroliw

Apr 5, 2005
www.billsden.org
I feel like this long awaited update was rushed and released way too soon. There are too many bugs. Terrible release. Terrible.

Oh, and I also hate that when syncing contacts it adds facebook links as a "home page". Um... Facebook isn't a home page. It should create a custom label that says "facebook". I went through my contacts and changed them all. And if you already have a "home page" for a contact, facebook sync just doesn't add the link at all. It's so weird.

Like I said... terrible update.

I totally agree on both points. Can we have the old, good developer back now please? :(

aflacks

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Downloaded the update. Each time I click "Like" or comment, my IPhone locks up necessitating a total reboot. Not good!!

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Is it just me, but besides having all my Facebook settings on my iPhone to ON, I've not heard a single sound for Facebook, yet! Albeit I've seen the pop-up notifications and requests...

Weird!

BLu

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
It's not just you Navi? I've had no sounds at all in either 3.1 or 3.1.1
Badges and alerts work fine though

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
...weird! I installed Facebook last night, and could have sworn it wasn't 3.1.1. But, of course I open settings \ about for Facebook today, and it is 3.1.1. In iTunes it shows 3.1.1 being released 7th Jan 2010. Really odd considering I installed it yesterday.

Anyway, all that to say, sounds STILL NOT WORKING! Now am wishing I left my Facebook account closed. Idiot!?!

DainBramage1

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm still waiting. Is it possible to revert to an older version if you update but don't like it (through SSH or some other way)? I'm also concerned about the contact sync issues, and know that when/if I do update, I'll be sure to do a contact backup first!!

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm still waiting. Is it possible to revert to an older version if you update but don't like it (through SSH or some other way)? I'm also concerned about the contact sync issues, and know that when/if I do update, I'll be sure to do a contact backup first!!

if you save the old ipa file you can replace the current one with it and sync it over

ssh is not a solution to everything

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
From what I've heard, someone (?!) forgot to include the sound files with this version, so you cannot possibly get auditory notifications.

On the bright side, the badges are working great.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
That's weird because I've always had badges show up for the Facebook app anyways, including some other apps that don't have push..:confused:

DainBramage1

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
The either don't enable or disable the feature...

I've read in several places that people's contacts were modified even though they had Sync Contacts turned off. But now I see they released a 3.1.1 today. I think I'll still wait!

if you save the old ipa file you can replace the current one with it and sync it over

It looks like I've got Facebook 3.03.ipa in C:\...\My Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications. If this is a different version, I'm guessing it will have a different filename. Would just removing the one file and placing the other back in the directory take care of it? Any other files to copy or modify?

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Im on psuh OVERLOAD with this app. Im just going to push Wall Posts and messages, I seriously got maybe 75 pushes in 1 hr from FB with all setting set to on, ouch! And I thought Beejive would still be my push crazy app, guess not

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW