Facebook 3.1 now available WITH PUSH NOTIFICATIONS!!

legendofdon

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm not getting any push notifications at all. It sucks, but then again it's been this long without them, so what's a little longer until they fix it? Also, I've never really had any apps that used push, so when I did get push for a brief period of time, I came to realize how notifications suck on the iPhone. Now I know what everyone was talking about, and I hope that the next iPhone OS update handles notifications better.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It's not possible to perfect anything and coming close is even harder as FB would need the same amount of testers as there are users that use FB. Basically, we beta test each build and they improve upon them.

This is no excuse to have such a pathetic update such as this. No excuse. A single beta tester would have seen these issues.

LionInAComa

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
i havent gotten anything in 2 days now. When the update first came out It was working great. I guess that's what I get for deciding to turn off all email notifications after this update. I miss Joe Hewitt

taroliw

Apr 5, 2005
www.billsden.org
I don't think I was receiving them consistently yesterday but I am seeing the badge update today. The sucky part is that they shipped 3.1 and 3.1.1 with NO SOUND RESOURCE. So if all you did was turn on sound notification you'll get nothing. So I have sound + badge and see the badge update -- pop-ups would get way to annoying.

So I hope they're working on fixing the sound problem at least. :-( Of course there's no real way to provide feedback to them so who knows what the heck they're doing.

ricmax

Dec 15, 2009
www.facebook.com
I don't think I was receiving them consistently yesterday but I am seeing the badge update today. The sucky part is that they shipped 3.1 and 3.1.1 with NO SOUND RESOURCE. So if all you did was turn on sound notification you'll get nothing. So I have sound + badge and see the badge update -- pop-ups would get way to annoying.

So I hope they're working on fixing the sound problem at least. :-( Of course there's no real way to provide feedback to them so who knows what the heck they're doing.

i have posted several complaints in the app store and i have been lighting up their facebook page...along with MANY others...i am pretty sure they are getting the message that they totally f'd up.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
All kinds of action of Facebook today, yet not one sound, alert, vibe, or badge.

Even the little devs seem to have no problem getting push working..

cinematheque

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Tons of FB activity in the last few days but since I have only received 1 push notification. Furthermore, it seems that since Friday night, Facebook is blocking all push notifications I should be getting from all apps. I spent ages trying to figure out what it was and I kept reinstalling FB and resetting my network settings and even reinstalling a lot of the other apps that weren't sending me push anymore. Finally I discovered that once I removed Facebook completely and didn't reinstall it, push worked again. I put Facebook back, no push. Took it away again...I've gone through this routine four times now, and it's always the same. With Facebook on my phone I get no push from any application, which is absurd. Now I can't even have the Facebook app, let alone FB push.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
All kinds of action of Facebook today, yet not one sound, alert, vibe, or badge.

Even the little devs seem to have no problem getting push working..

I think they have two developers now instead of one.

and I would say the bigger a company is the harder push is.
I mean, google added it for their email after I got it working where I work and i never had before

BLu

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I've started to see some in-app weirdness now too. Aside from the near non-existent push?I only get an alert,no badge (or sound obviously),and only for inbox messages?despite all options being turned on. I've now started to see that my posts get mixed into the newsfeed in a completely random order,out of time,and some other posts seem to now appear/disappear/reappear each time I visit.

st3ph3n

May 23, 2009
Visit site
Add me to the list of people not getting push notifications. Other apps are working okay as far as I know though. Words with friends seems to be working fine a couple of days ago and I got a message from TapTap for the latest download.

I've also noticed a new post I made went second into the list. I was scrolled so that the first entry was off the visible screen which could have been why. A quick press of refresh and all was re-ordered though. I had another one where I tapped on comments and none were showing despite it telling me there was some. I closed the app then re-opened again and all was well with that too.

conedude13

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
i can't upload pictures and i have zero push notifications. i also haven't tinkered with the sync due to privacy concerns. and i was also at a small gathering last night and found a fellow iphone owner and he also had issues with the latest update. he couldn't make any updates at all! CRAZYNESS!!!

ricmax

Dec 15, 2009
www.facebook.com
well here we are 5 days later after this epic fail of an update and STILL no further updates to get this resolved. the app is more or less unusable right now...i have had to reinstall several times because it gets stuck on the notifications screen...this is by far my most used app and it is in a state of chaos right now. i have been routinely checking the facebook page for this app and of course not one peep about what is going on. the complaints are running rampant in the app store so one would think this would be a priority for them. FACEBOOK FIX UR APP FOR IPHONE.

DainBramage1

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
It looks like I've got Facebook 3.03.ipa in C:\...\My Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications. If this is a different version, I'm guessing it will have a different filename. Would just removing the one file and placing the other back in the directory take care of it? Any other files to copy or modify?

BUMP. Is placing a .IPA file back in the appropriate place all that would be necessary to revert back to a previous version? Are there any other files to deal with?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Did someone flip the iPhone Facebook switch? All these updates\notifications, still without sound have just started to come in.

It's not happened in DAYS!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner