To Apple for review... in case anyone was interested. Just a reminder - push notifications will not be included until 3.1.
    08-16-2009 10:12 AM
    Aw I was gonna post this. I saw his twitter post this morning. It's about time. Now I just wonder how long the review will take.
    08-16-2009 10:46 AM
    I'm rather annoyed that PUSH will not be released. I guess coming from a BlackBerry, you'd think these things would come along a bit quicker...

I know, I should just get over it...
    08-16-2009 01:46 PM
    Is this a major overhaul, or does it just make it 3.0 compatibale?
    08-16-2009 01:56 PM
    The guy coding it says it has taken so long because he wanted to really get rid of all the bugginess that has plagued the app since 2.0 was released. His twitter post says he is more excited for 3.1 update which he will start tomorrow, with push and I guess some other stuff. As long as the bugs are gone I'm happy, I think facebook with push could get annoying fast and I already have push chat from Beejive.
    08-16-2009 02:03 PM
    I'm rather annoyed that PUSH will not be released. I guess coming from a BlackBerry, you'd think these things would come along a bit quicker...

I know, I should just get over it...
    I always thought of it the other way around... updates on the BB are far and few.

I don't mind waiting for push, especially since I have the notifications hitting my email. Almost the same thing.
    08-16-2009 03:08 PM
    I have the email alert thing going, too. Does me just fine for now. But yeah, I am looking forward to this update. The current version is... lacking.
    08-16-2009 04:49 PM
    lets see how many years it takes apple to approve the update..
    08-16-2009 05:05 PM
    Since I receive instant emails from Facebook, that helps.

BUT, what I can't stand is the emails NEVER have the respective subject for the status the person is replying to. I tend to have 3-4 status' a day. So, from time to time it's hard to tell what status they are commenting on...

Make sense?

I always thought of it the other way around... updates on the BB are far and few.

I don't mind waiting for push, especially since I have the notifications hitting my email. Almost the same thing.
    08-16-2009 09:10 PM
    Anybody got any specs on new features included in this release?
    08-17-2009 03:39 PM
    Anybody got any specs on new features included in this release?
    Facebook for iPhone: Facebook for iPhone 3.0 | Facebook

Facebook for iPhone 3.0 is coming very soon. I can't predict an exact date when I will submit to Apple, but I can say that I am about 98% done. So what's new in this update?

1. The "new" News Feed
    2. Like
    3. Events (including the ability to RSVP)
    4. Notes
    5. Pages
    6. Create new photo albums
    7. Upload photos to any album
    8. Zoom into photos
    9. Easier photo tagging
    10. Profile Pictures albums
    11. A new home screen for easy access to all your stuff, search, and notifications
    12. Add your favorite profiles and pages to the home screen
    13. Better Notifications (they link to the comments so you can reply)
    14. Quickly call or text people right from the Friends page
    15. Messages you are typing will be restored if you quit or are interrupted by a phone call

The one feature everyone is asking for, Push Notifications, is in development but it won't make it into 3.0. You can expect it in a 3.1 update later this summer.
    08-17-2009 03:44 PM
    ^ Really looking forward to those updates... the app needs a major update badly!
    08-17-2009 05:02 PM
    Thanks for the info, Tramain!
    08-18-2009 03:44 PM
    Thanks for the info, Tramain!
    Joe Hewitt just posted on twitter 3.1 will have landscape.
    Twitter / Joe Hewitt: Landscape is also coming t ...
    08-18-2009 04:00 PM
    Think a jailbroken iPhone 3G will be able to upload videos taken using Cycorder onto Facebook 3.0 when it's released? Or will that only be available to users of unmodified 3GS's?
    08-18-2009 04:54 PM
    Think a jailbroken iPhone 3G will be able to upload videos taken using Cycorder onto Facebook 3.0 when it's released? Or will that only be available to users of unmodified 3GS's?
    It will come from your photos app. So if Cycorder stores them there, you should be able to unless it's going to have something to detect whether or not that feature is available to you (if you have a 2G or 3G and not a 3GS).
    08-18-2009 09:30 PM
    Thanks, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    08-18-2009 10:24 PM
    an update.

This is the "What's New" text that will appear on the App Store.

- See your upcoming Events and RSVP
    - See your friends' birthdays
    - See Pages and post updates and photos to Pages you administer
    - Write Notes and read your friends' Notes
    - Upload videos from an iPhone 3GS
    - Upload photos to any album
    - Complete photo management (create albums, delete albums, delete photos, delete photo tags)
    - Change your Profile Picture
    - Zoom into photos
    - Like posts and photos
    - See the same News Feed as the Facebook website
    - Visit links in a built-in web browser
    - See all of your friends' friends and Pages
    - See mutual friends
    - Easily search for people and Pages
    - Make friend requests
    - Become a fan of Pages
    - Quickly call or text your friends
    - Create shortcuts to your favorite friends and Pages
    - Friends sorted by first or last name according to your settings
    - Chat friends sorted alphabeticaly
    08-19-2009 12:19 AM
    Hopefully, the update will be released soon. I'm looking forward to the new features.
    08-19-2009 10:03 AM
    If you go onto the Facebook for iPhone page on Facebook, they have screen prints now. It looks good. I'm really looking forward to getting this update. How many bets on how long apple will take to approve. According to his post on Facebook, the developer submitted it on Sunday. Do you think we can expect it by the end of this week? I hope so.
    08-19-2009 10:48 AM
    I'm interested to see how well it turns out..

3.1 seems to be the more anticipated update.
    08-19-2009 10:59 PM
    I'm just hoping it doesn't take forever to actually be approved...
    08-20-2009 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD