facebook profile picture.......

modset

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way to make your friends' facebook profile picture come up when they call? I had a Blackberry, and it did that.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I used to use an app called Photo Phonebook which took the Facebook photos of your friends and integrated them into the contact photo..

But for some reason it has not been working for about a month now.. Not sure what is up..

Tried to search for another app that did the same thing but haven't found anything yet.

modset

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Well...I figured it out from the website, but I'd like the profile picture to change as they change it. Maybe the iphone isn't set up for that yet. I don't know.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
There are probably a couple of ways... one is importing your facebook contacts to where you manager your contacts, hopefully it's your PC w/ Outlook.

emily0605

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Copy their Facebook picture and put it in your contacts under that person's name.

I'm pretty sure that BeeJive allows you to do this. If you click on the arrow next to the persons name it takes you to a screen that has "link to contact page" and allows you to select a contact.

I don't know if it updates, though, but I'd assume it does.

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
Here's what I do:

Set iTunes to sync contacts with Microsoft Outlook (windows only, sorry)
Google for a program called OutSync.
Start Outlook
Start OutSync and login to the Facebook Connect portal.
It will automatically search for contacts in your Outlook contacts that match your facebook friends (note: the names must match exactly)
sync your iphone.

DONE!!!

rmead001

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
this program works pretty good. It's not finding all my matching contacts though. Is there a way to change the name a way appears in either outlook or my phone but still have it match with what this sync program is looking for?

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
this program works pretty good. It's not finding all my matching contacts though. Is there a way to change the name a way appears in either outlook or my phone but still have it match with what this sync program is looking for?

Unfortunately not. At least that I've found. I changed my contact entries to what their name si on facebook because generally that's what they prefer being called. However, when people change their names to have goofy fake middle names, I just delete out of my contact book. Anyone who does that foolishness is not worth a contact entry.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
VRINGO!!!
It doesn't always have the best matching algorithm, but it works pretty darn well and you can correct the bad matches.

Free in the app store dude! Can't shout it loud enough.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen