• SimplyTweet

4 10.53%
  • TweetDeck

2 5.26%
  • Tweeterena Pro

0 0%
  • Other

3 7.89%
    Tweetie 2 and TwitBit 2.0 for me.. I like to rotate between two or three just to keep things feeling fresh and updated
    Same here. Last week I used Twitbit, this week is Tweetie 2.
    10-18-2009 02:40 PM
    I have bought pretty much every single one of them and am never totally satisfied. There's always something missing or some little annoyance that keeps me on Twitter app watch in the Appstore.. Twittelator Pro has pleased me the most with its plethora of functions but it still has no push functionality. SimplyTweet is nice too but I cant stand its home screen icon and could do without having to switch pages to activate links or see pics. Then there is Tweetie 2.. I don't get the hype over that one. Personally I think its way too cluttered and ugly, and the home screen icon is drab and boring. Lets not forget those knuckleheads behind Twitbird Pro. Decent app but they lock down push functionality by limiting it so you only get push between Twitbird users and then further assault your wallet by charging an extra $3.00 via in app purchase and label it "global push".. WTF is up with that??

I think I need therapy or a support group or something...
    Last edited by PhxBlue; 11-14-2009 at 07:31 PM.
    11-09-2009 04:28 PM
    If push is something you need, what's $3? TwitBird Pro is my favorite Twitter app but then I couldn't give a damn about push.
    11-09-2009 11:26 PM
    Twitterific (the free version) has been just perfect for me.
    11-09-2009 11:40 PM
    The two I think that are the best are SimplyTweet and Twitterific Premium. I'd love to have a combination of the two. And yes, I have bought just about everyone of them, too.
    11-09-2009 11:45 PM
    Check out Twitbit. Great twitter app with push.
    11-10-2009 10:43 AM
    I agree with twitteriffic. I use that with boXcar and have been very very pleased!
    11-10-2009 11:07 PM
    Are you using the free version, or have you bought the Premium one yet? Honestly, I don't even know what the difference is...
    11-11-2009 06:48 AM
    if you're jailbroken and want a quick way to tweet or post status updates to facebook, check out qtweeter. pretty slick if you ask me. it can be found in the cydia app store.
    11-16-2009 02:25 PM
    Tweetie is still my favorite because of how smooth it is! :]
    11-16-2009 02:44 PM
    Tweetie is good. Tweetie 2 has grown on me a lot, but it irks me that I cant change it to a dark theme.
    11-16-2009 03:06 PM
    The two I think that are the best are SimplyTweet and Twitterific Premium. I'd love to have a combination of the two. And yes, I have bought just about everyone of them, too.
    Have you tried Twittelator Pro? Its pretty slick.
    11-16-2009 03:07 PM
    I'm torn between Twittelator Pro and Tweetie 2, although I've been using Tweetie 2 almost exclusively lately. For fast tweets, @howmuchforonerib was right on the money - QTweeter is the best there is.
    11-16-2009 04:46 PM
    I always flip flop between Tweetie 2 and Twitbit.

I was really excited for the new Twitbit update, but now it's laggy. maybe it isn't, but i've used Tweetie 2 for quite a while now and it's by far the quickest and smoothest. I wish it had some more themes available and the dev didn't take them out, but it's still an awesome app.

Twittelator Pro was my favorite before Twitbit and Tweetie 2 came along but I haven't seen any updates for Twittelator Pro in a long time. Kind of disappointing. That had the potential to be top dog.
    11-17-2009 12:00 PM
    Tweetie is good. Tweetie 2 has grown on me a lot, but it irks me that I cant change it to a dark theme.
    Exactly how I feel. When I first downloaded Tweetie 2, I decided to delete it, then after SimplyTweet kept having connection errors, I tried Tweetie 2 again... and it's definitely been growing on me.

Aside from push, I want the feature SimplyTweet (can live without it though) where I can select multiple users from the timeline to msg at the same time. For instance if I want to say "Good morning" to 5-10 individuals, I'd use "reply-to-all" feature and select those on the timeline that I see are up.

Favorites (the first being the one I like most):

1. Tweetie 2
    2. SimplyTweet
    3. Twittelator Pro
    11-19-2009 11:08 AM
    If you follow me on Twitter you know I'm a huge fan of SimplyTweet. It has virtually all the same functions as Tweetie 2 plus push. And the in app push works seamlessly. It also doesn't put a limit on how many tweets it loads at a time. It loads them all. So if I've been busy all day it will load all 500 or so tweets and I don't miss anything. If you miss long periods of time on Tweetie 2 there is a major timeline gap and no way to load those missing tweets. I bug I hope they work out in the next update. If Tweetie 2 ever adds push I think it will easily become the dominant Twitter app.

Here's my list:
    1. SimplyTweet
    2. Tweetie 2
    3. Twittelator Pro
    11-19-2009 12:44 PM
    SimplyTweet has a problem with connection errors, thats my biggest gripe with it. Twittelator has more features than any other Twitter app I have used so far, it just needs push. Tweetie 2 is good. What I think it needs is a counter to tell you how many unread or new tweets, @'s, or DM's you have as well as extra themes to choose from.
    11-19-2009 02:38 PM
    since the post i have changed twitter apps and now have simply tweet. i'm really diggin on it!
    11-19-2009 04:46 PM
    since the post i have changed twitter apps and now have simply tweet. i'm really diggin on it!
    I love Simplytweet, Best Twitter client I've tried! I love how you can do (via @username) instead of RT @Username.
    11-19-2009 06:16 PM
    Tweetie 2 all the way! Coupled with Boxcar.
    11-19-2009 06:22 PM
    I really love simplytweet. It has a ton a features AND has push notifications. For me, this is just about the best mix I could hope for. Additionally, the developer is very receptive to user comments and suggestions. He actually answers most every tweet and email.

One thing to consider is that the developer is constantly working on updates to add functionality. He's not satisfied to leave a superior product alone.

Give it a try!
    11-19-2009 06:39 PM
    Those of you using SimplyTweet, have you noticed connection timeouts? I seem to get that once every 3 or 4 logins.
    11-19-2009 07:15 PM
    I use TweetDeck and TwitBird Pro. But occasionally Ill use Tweetie for old times sake. LOL
    11-19-2009 08:14 PM
    Twittelator Pro, can't ask for more. Has all the features I need and wayyyyy more. Best choice available on the App Store.
    11-19-2009 11:12 PM
    Have you tried Twittelator Pro? Its pretty slick.
    Yeah, I do like that one, but something about the UI isn't in my liking.
    11-20-2009 05:40 AM
184 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD