Free year offer of TV+

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
My free year of TV+ end in February on my apple-Id, I know it’s a one time offer by Apple ID but if my wife just bought an iPhone 12 she will get a free year of TV+ on her Apple ID...

But if I add her apple-Id on my Apple TV 4K will it work to access her free year of TV+ ?

Last edited:

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Tanks, do you know if there a maximum delay to activate her free year of TV+ ? She will have her iPhone 12 in a few days can she wait till my free year ended in February ? That will be almost 3 months wait...?

According to the original terms of the deal, you get three months to activate the free year.

Offer must be claimed in the Apple TV app within three months after first setting up your new device. To see the offer appear, you will need to sign in with your Apple ID on your new device. If you’ve purchased your new device before the launch of Apple TV+ on November 1, 2019, you will get three months to redeem your one-year of free AppleTV+, starting November 1, 2019.

Keep in mind, the offer was extended so the dates are off, but I assume the timeframe for redemption (3 months) has stayed the same.