This past weekend I had to delete and reinstall my Direct TV app twice. The first time I lost the picture and had a white screen with just sound.

The second time I just had a picture with the program description and sound. I contacted the Direct TV folks using Twitter and the help chat on their website.

Seems to be alright at the moment but getting frustrated because of these glitches as the they call them. I have had server load and 1502 errors last week and now this issue.

Anyone know of a contact phone number for Direct TV Now, not the AT&T one? I have the Deluxe package and for 70.00 a month, I shouldn't be having these issues.

I am using a Apple TV 4th generation 64 gig box and a good high end HDMI interconnect cable.
    08-08-2017 09:35 AM
    There may be something at the following link to help you. I also noticed a link to their forums.

https://help.directvnow.com/hc/en-us...tomer-service-
    08-08-2017 06:28 PM
    There may be something at the following link to help you. I also noticed a link to their forums.

https://help.directvnow.com/hc/en-us...tomer-service-
    Unfortunately the Direct TV help forums are a joke and I haven't found an actual contact number so you could actually talk to someone.

All their help is on Twitter and their website via chatting. So far the help folks are apologetic and that doesn't correct the issue. So far this week I haven't had any major issues.

What they need to do is keep their app updated and upgrade their servers to accommodate the influx of new customers. I like the streaming concept and the savings compared to cable.

But, if these problematic glitches keep occurring, I am going to have to reevaluate my decision and might be back on cable depending on what kind of a deal they give to to come back.
    08-10-2017 06:27 PM
    I'm sorry, I wish I could of helped a bit more. Perhaps someone else will be able to offer up more things for you to try so you can get the help you need.
    08-10-2017 07:01 PM
    I’m confused. Are you using DirecTV or DirecTV Now? They use two different apps so if you try signing in with the wrong one you’re going to have issues.
    08-10-2017 09:51 PM
    I am using Direct TV Now and I have the correct and latest version of the app. Other folks like me where also having the same issues as I was. I just hope they get these issues resolved ASAP.
    08-11-2017 06:33 PM
    I am using Direct TV Now and I have the correct and latest version of the app. Other folks like me where also having the same issues as I was. I just hope they get these issues resolved ASAP.
    Gotcha. You referred to the “DirecTV app” as opposed to the “DirecTV Now app” so I was confused. Are you running the tvOS beta? I have two gen 4 AppleTVs in my home and neither are experiencing any issues with the DirecTV Now app but I’m still on tvOS 10.
    08-11-2017 10:04 PM