I looked at DC’s Legends of Tomorrow in the new TV app, and besides having the CW app, Hulu, and the iTunes Store for destinations on where I could watch it, it had Netflix as well. I clicked on it, and it opened Netflix and started playing the first episode. I have not seen a single thing about the fact that Netflix is worming with the TV app, absolutely nowhere. Why hasn't iMore written something about it or tested it? I have looked into it and everywhere only says that it doesn’t work, when it works for me on my Apple TV, iPad Pro, and my iPhone. Has anyone else noticed that it works?
    01-19-2017 12:30 PM
    This seems like a recent change, within the last couple days or so.

While Netflix content shows up in universal search, it's not as tightly integrated as Hulu or other video apps.
    01-19-2017 03:00 PM
    I looked at DC’s Legends of Tomorrow in the new TV app, and besides having the CW app, Hulu, and the iTunes Store for destinations on where I could watch it, it had Netflix as well. I clicked on it, and it opened Netflix and started playing the first episode. I have not seen a single thing about the fact that Netflix is worming with the TV app, absolutely nowhere. Why hasn't iMore written something about it or tested it? I have looked into it and everywhere only says that it doesn’t work, when it works for me on my Apple TV, iPad Pro, and my iPhone. Has anyone else noticed that it works?
    Keep in mind that those of us who frequent iMore have duties away from iMore. Having said that, I did notice how the Apple TV app groups things together in the manner you mentioned, but not to the point where I needed to rush to the forums and report it. The editors may or may not have noticed and they may have placed blogging about it on their list of things to do. We'll know soon enough. Still, thank YOU for posting about it and I'm sure your post will cause members to see for themselves. Take care.
    01-19-2017 06:48 PM
    With so much news about Apple, I like that iMore will point out both things they do wrong and right, and no one is better at explaining what they do right than Rene. His articles are so good at not just reporting about the specific items, but telling what problems they solve and how they can help us in our daily lives. I haven't found any other website that knows about this change in the TV app, so I came to iMore first since they provide for us the opportunity to share our thoughts through the forums. I found the iMore podcast on Apple News last year, and I have been listening to the iMore show and Apple Talk every single week. Being just a consumer, I had no idea how to get this information to influential people like Rene. I'm glad they have these forums and I hope iMore could be the first ones to report this good change in the new TV app.
    01-19-2017 09:38 PM