Roxanne Roxanne

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but for some reason whenever I think of Roxanne Roxanne...I think about Kramer on Seinfield ...LOL

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen the Netflix movie, but I quickly thought of the song with the same title from back in the day. 1984, I believe....:)

https://youtu.be/4KpngczmD7Q

Yea, the film is based on Roxanne Shante. The girl who recorded a response to that record.

I did see the film. It was alright. She's got a pretty sad story but it's nice to see her getting some shine again so many years later.

PrincessB

Trusted Member
Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Yea, the film is based on Roxanne Shante. The girl who recorded a response to that record.

I did see the film. It was alright. She's got a pretty sad story but it's nice to see her getting some shine again so many years later.

I liked it. Wish it was a bit longer.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I liked it. Wish it was a bit longer.

I agree. I think there were some elements in her story that could have been fleshed out a bit more.

I've got a lot of content on Netflix and tv that I'm trying to get caught up on but I definitely wanted to fit that film in as I was pretty interested when I saw the trailer. I also listened to an interview she did on a morning radio show I listen to on XM every morning and it interested me even more.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711