Has anyone watched the Netflix original movie Roxanne Roxanne?
    ravenseb and Quis89 like this.
    04-08-2018 11:43 AM
    Yes, but for some reason whenever I think of Roxanne Roxanne...I think about Kramer on Seinfield ...LOL
    04-08-2018 12:01 PM
    I haven't seen the Netflix movie, but I quickly thought of the song with the same title from back in the day. 1984, I believe....

04-08-2018 03:02 PM
    Has anyone watched the Netflix original movie Roxanne Roxanne?
    Great movie...watched it twice
    04-08-2018 03:09 PM
    I haven't seen the Netflix movie, but I quickly thought of the song with the same title from back in the day. 1984, I believe....

Yea, the film is based on Roxanne Shante. The girl who recorded a response to that record.

I did see the film. It was alright. She's got a pretty sad story but it's nice to see her getting some shine again so many years later.
    PrincessB and Just_Me_D like this.
    04-08-2018 11:05 PM
    Yea, the film is based on Roxanne Shante. The girl who recorded a response to that record.

I did see the film. It was alright. She's got a pretty sad story but it's nice to see her getting some shine again so many years later.
    I liked it. Wish it was a bit longer.
    04-09-2018 05:04 PM
    I liked it. Wish it was a bit longer.
    I agree. I think there were some elements in her story that could have been fleshed out a bit more.

I've got a lot of content on Netflix and tv that I'm trying to get caught up on but I definitely wanted to fit that film in as I was pretty interested when I saw the trailer. I also listened to an interview she did on a morning radio show I listen to on XM every morning and it interested me even more.
    04-09-2018 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD