Goosebumps...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Me and the wife got to go to the cast and crew premiere of this film tonight...and got free food and booze! :laughing::beer:

So for starters, the Goosebumps series of books was a little after my childhood had morphed into id*ot teenager who doesn't care about cool kid stuff anymore mode, and so I never got into them (but was fully aware of them). Last year when my wife was brought on to location manage this movie, I checked out the script and then read a few of the books that were handed out to the crew to prep for the filming...I was hooked! Are they juvenile? Of course, but they're so inventive...and honestly remind me of some of my favorite twilight zone episodes from yesteryear.

So onto the movie...stars Jack Black and a kid that I only ever remember seeing in Lost and Prison Break, but he's an excellent teen actor. The movie has this really awesome "old school" feel to it, the likes of Goonies, Monster Squad or The Sandlot. The relationship between the kids in it is AWESOME...and that really got me excited to settle into the plot.

The story is just great! It has a nice nostalgic feel to it, even if you're not familiar with all the stories, you'll leave feeling like you read them all. It also has a classic feel to it that movies miss so often these days...like that feeling that in 15 years, your kids/grandkids will be telling THEIR kids to watch one of their favorite movies from their childhood...and this will be THAT movie.

i absolutely loved it...the story plays out very predictably, but to be honest, I didn't mind at all. I was smiling for the entirety of it, and when it was over, and the credits rolled...I realized that not only did I love it, but my wife also helped make it, which was a nice icing on an already delicious cake.

I'd recommend seeing this regardless of who you are...but if you have kids, this is a MUST see. They'll hold onto this like my generation did with the Goonies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro