The Visit...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Were you ever a fan of M Night Shyamalan? Did you see the 6th Sense, Signs, maybe even The Village and think "Man, this guy is pretty good at making thrilling movies!"

...and then he decides to go and make a string of duds that just made you want to vomit. Lady in the Water, The Happening, After Earth...dare I mention Avatar: The Last Airbender. Yeah...I thought the guy was untouchable when it came to movies until he decided to go full retard and release a very BAD series of movies back to back to back.

I saw the preview for The Visit and then saw his name attached to it and I thought to myself "Nope. Not going to buy into this scam again.", but you know...the more I saw the preview, something kept telling me to give him a chance...to go see for myself if the man that once made everyone hyped about major movie twists and fresh new plots had returned to form.

Man did he. This movie was FANTASTIC!

SPOILERS! (do not read below unless you want to regret reading below or if you've already seen the movie)

You've been warned...

...I freakin' CALLED that sh*t like 30min. into it. NOT THEIR GRANDPARENTS! And my god were they screwed up in the head! The entire movie you're in this nightmare of an experience with weirdness, but once the proverbial sh*t hit the fan, it was just WTF moment after WTF moment! When he shoved the diaper in the boys face the theater lost it!

It was Grade A screwed up unnerving awesome, and I loved every second of it. The child actors were amazing in my opinion, and to me, the "grandparents" were honestly scary! I rarely get scared of things like that but the creeped me the hell out! I think the grandmothers movements were what really got me...jerky but not unbelievable.

Phew! Awesome scary thriller. Mr. Shyamalan is off the crap movie makers list!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think he had some bad stuff before the good stuff. Maybe with his string of good stuff, the film folks thought all his stuff would be a success. But then some mediocre stuff. I like his work. I'm looking forward to The Visit.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think he had some bad stuff before the good stuff. Maybe with his string of good stuff, the film folks thought all his stuff would be a success. But then some mediocre stuff. I like his work. I'm looking forward to The Visit.

His first 4 movies were considered his best work...afterwards he fell off...so he didn't really have ANY work before his big hits came.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely loved this movie!!! That twist was soooooo unexpected...my mouth dropped!! I hope this is the start of him making good movies again.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Irvine08

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
You must be really glad you tried it. I also really love this movie. M Night Shyamalan had finally returned! That mind-blowing plot twist! :eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2