Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm a huge Mission Impossible fan. I've never watched the old TV show, but have seen every movie variant since the original back in the 90's, and I've loved them all. I was very excited to see this one but thought it was kind of odd that the marketing aspect was so light and infrequent, and the trailer came out relatively late in comparison to the theatrical release date.

Turns out, you can definitely see a bit of laziness in this movie compared to the last two...it was definitely NOT on the same level as those. The story was a very large mixed bags of cliched action, which is something I expected, but not quite as defined as this movie was. It lost some of it's magic compared to part 3 and Ghost Protocol...and I think it was because JJ Abrams stepped back from the projects and didn't oversee it quite as closely as he has before.

Dialogue was kind of cringe worthy at times. Sequences didn't have that shock and awe that the other movies did...there was never a point in the whole movie where I was on the edge of my seat, even when it was obvious that that was what they were going for...the closest you came was the underwater panel sequence about half way through the movie, and even then, it was kind of predictable.

At the end of the day, I enjoyed it, but I don't think I would have paid much more than matinee pricing in hindsight...I felt very disappointed after paying IMAX ticket price, because it just wasn't grand enough for such an experience, even in the really fast paced car/bike chase sequences.

In terms of MI movies, I'd rank this one probably 4th...here are my favorites in specific order of best to worst.

Mission Impossible 3
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Mission Impossible
Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
Mission Impossible 2 (by far my least favorite)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
DUDE you have to check out the original! Get it on Netflix or Hulu or something, it should be out there somewhere! It's awesome!

Irvine08

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I strongly agree. There isn't any nerve-wracking scene at all. I kinda hope for a moment there at the underwater panel scene that something awesome will happen but still didn't get me to the edge of my seat. The only wow moment for me is when he tried to climb up the pole cause his hands are handcuffed. I still enjoyed it but definitely not as much as part 3.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods