Jurassic World...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Me and the wife just got back from the special 7pm IMAX pre-screening of this movie. Let me take a moment to catch my breath and calm down so I can type this review semi-legible. First of all, here is my reaction after the movie...

giphy.gif

...I'm still smiling from ear to FREAKIN' ear after what I just saw. WHAT A MOVIE! Jurassic Park was probably the first movie that I saw as a youth (well teen really) that stood with me for a while. Lots of people had Star Wars and Star Trek and those defined their childhood movie love...Jurassic Park was mine. I got so enveloped in it that I had to see it like 10 times in the theater (back with movies stayed in the theater for more than a few months, lol!)

So I had very VERY little hope this movie was going to live up to my expectations of at least the first movie (the 2nd one was ok, the 3rd, unfortunately, was not very good at all to me, but I still loved it because it was part of the series).

Boy was I completely and totally WRONG.

If it weren't for the nostalgia of the first movie, Jurassic World would be the king of the series right now...it was THAT good.

***SPOILERS BELOW***

The movie just balances so much goodness that it's hard for me to pick singular parts to reflect on...Chris Pratt was absolutely fantastic in his role, the trained raptors were simply bad ***, the 2 brothers in the movie had GREAT chemistry and really lived up to the same kind of character Lex and Tim had in the first movie...really, the only people I didn't care for were Bryce Dallas Howard's character, the boys mom and the indian guy who was like the CEO, but that was a very small complaint amongst very good acting from everyone else.

The action sequences with the new hybrid T-Rex were incredible! That thing was RELENTLESS! And you really got a feel of the mutant nature of that monster...especially when it attacked other dinosaurs. They definitely created something different there, and it was quite scary honestly!

The park looked beautiful! There was so much to see in the movie from the time it starts to the moment it ends...and the end sequence, JESUS CHRIST don't let anyone spoil it for you. Satisfaction overload...lol! It was just so bad *** I had goosebumps and CHEERED after it ended!

***END SPOILERS!!!***

...overall, I'll be seeing this movie probably 3-4 more times at least...if for no other reason than to see the reaction of the people watching it.

EASILY the best movie I've seen as an adult, and I've seen A LOT of movies, lol. It's just so so good I can't stop smiling.

They did the franchise justice with this movie, and I cannot WAIT for another one.

:beer:

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear it was good. I skipped over the spoiler part. Taking my son to see it on Saturday. Can't wait!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the review Sean. I've seen the previous three Jurassic movies and i plan on seeing this one as well.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Loved dinosaurs as a kid and still think they are awesome to this day. Raptors will always be my favorite! I've seen all 3 movies I'd say about 30 times each...yes even the 3rd which I thought was ok(TREX > SPINO all day everyday!. I loved 1 and 2(am I the only one who enjoyed the Trex going on a mini godzilla rampage through San Diego? lol) I can't wait to this movie this weekend!!!

P.S. When I was a kid I sometimes would day dream of running a raptor crew! And it looks like the director did the same exact thing in this movie! :laughing:

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Sean, I'm the same way. I was 11 or 12 when the first one came out, and was blown away.

The next two never lived up to the first one, but I am hearing nothing but great things about this one.

Definitely catching it in theaters!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Dang, I was 30 when Jurassic Park debuted. Thanks for making me feel like a dug up relic...(laughing)...

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I was 41. My early films included the Connery Bond films and spaghetti westerns. But I've enjoyed the Jurassic Park films a lot and won't miss this one.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got back from a second screening! This time we didn't go to the IMAX showing because the theater near my wife's folks didn't have an IMAX auditorium. The movie was still amazing, but the experience just wasn't the same...we are definitely spoiled by our IMAX theater here in town as it has near perfect balanced sound and seating is better too. To me, the 3rd act of this film NEEDS the IMAX experience to really do the content justice!

I also noticed a rather funny (and most likely unintentional) detail...the Indominus Rex exhibit is called "Verizon Presents...Indominus Rex", and the visitor center is called "Samsung Experience Visitor Center", and the boys are using a Galaxy Edge device...all this love for Verizon and Samsung, yet throughout the movie, nobody can ever get a phone call to go through when it needs to. I pointed this out to my wife near the beginning of the movie, and we were laughing the whole time about it! :p

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Just got back from a second screening! This time we didn't go to the IMAX showing because the theater near my wife's folks didn't have an IMAX auditorium. The movie was still amazing, but the experience just wasn't the same...we are definitely spoiled by our IMAX theater here in town as it has near perfect balanced sound and seating is better too. To me, the 3rd act of this film NEEDS the IMAX experience to really do the content justice!

I also noticed a rather funny (and most likely unintentional) detail...the Indominus Rex exhibit is called "Verizon Presents...Indominus Rex", and the visitor center is called "Samsung Experience Visitor Center", and the boys are using a Galaxy Edge device...all this love for Verizon and Samsung, yet throughout the movie, nobody can ever get a phone call to go through when it needs to. I pointed this out to my wife near the beginning of the movie, and we were laughing the whole time about it! :p

Yea the sponsors were mostly tech companies lol. To me after seeing it tho didn't really feel the wow factor compared to the previous ones. Really didn't feel much of a character build for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Space~G using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yea the sponsors were mostly tech companies lol. To me after seeing it tho didn't really feel the wow factor compared to the previous ones. Really didn't feel much of a character build for the most part.

You didn't feel the wow factor compared to the 2nd and 3rd movies? You might be the only person on the planet that felt that way, lol.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
You didn't feel the wow factor compared to the 2nd and 3rd movies? You might be the only person on the planet that felt that way, lol.

No I felt the wow factor once the the action started. From the moment of the first attack I looked like this lol
92507f155b9490fb36bb9179bf7914b5.jpg

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I was 41. My early films included the Connery Bond films and spaghetti westerns. But I've enjoyed the Jurassic Park films a lot and won't miss this one.

l
The man with no name trilogy are by far my favorite movies of all-time. Eastwood's performances in those made "Unforgiven" so hard for me to watch.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Just got back from seeing it. I must say, it's probably in the top 5 stupidest, dumbest, and worst movies I ever saw. The very first one was the last Godzilla movie. This wasn't quite that bad, but the overall movie was stupid. Velociraptor whisperers... give me a freaking break. The script was written by a retarded 5 year old, the acting was awful, the plot was predictable as the sunrise (or sunset, depending on the thread you're reading) and it was just a stupid *** movie. A petting zoo? Really? Oh God, save me from the stupid movie season.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Just got back from seeing it. I must say, it's probably in the top 5 stupidest, dumbest, and worst movies I ever saw. The very first one was the last Godzilla movie. This wasn't quite that bad, but the overall movie was stupid. Velociraptor whisperers... give me a freaking break. The script was written by a retarded 5 year old, the acting was awful, the plot was predictable as the sunrise (or sunset, depending on the thread you're reading) and it was just a stupid *** movie. A petting zoo? Really? Oh God, save me from the stupid movie season.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but based on yours I would say you took the movie far too literally. You speak as if the writers meant for it to be a plausible reality. Which clearly it is not.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Says the guy who lists "Dude, Where's my Car?", "Battle: Los Angeles", and "Joe vs. the Volcano" as his favorite movies.