John Wick...

Ed Boland

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely hated Equalizer...movie felt so poorly written, and seemed to have two completely separate plots going on within the same story (and couldn't quite cross them over properly in my opinion). Wasn't even really worth a review to me...

Yeah, it wasn't a fantastic movie, but neither was John Wick. I'd put them both in the same pile of 'good hit man movies'.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
To me, a good movie was Interstellar...

I actually thought MM was not the best choice for the lead in Interstellar. Good film? Yes. Great film? No.

The beauty of Wick, in my opinion, was that it did not pretend to be anything other than what it was.

A film about a good who wants nothing more than to be left alone, NOT being left alone.

Simple and enjoyable when taken in context.

I write a film review blog, be doing it for about 3 years now. Love movies of all types.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I actually thought MM was not the best choice for the lead in Interstellar. Good film? Yes. Great film? No.

The beauty of Wick, in my opinion, was that it did not pretend to be anything other than what it was.

A film about a good who wants nothing more than to be left alone, NOT being left alone.

Simple and enjoyable when taken in context.

I write a film review blog, be doing it for about 3 years now. Love movies of all types.

Totally agree...I didn't buy his character outside of the farm intro. His adolescent daughter was a more convincing "scientist" than he was as the main plot began revealing itself. And it seems they got so invested in the whole dimensional mind game at the end that they forgot the character relationships...taking one of them and just platooning her on some planet while we visited her in time as she was dying. I mean sure, they allude to MM going after her at the end, but really? That's what we get? I could have done with a whole lot less "ghost" talk in the 5th dimension and a whole lot more going to get her and finding out what she was doing on the other world.

Given Nolan's previous project, and the almost perfect balance of character development and satisfying story completion, I was surprised to walk out of Interstellar feeling so underwhelmed, especially with the drool worthy excitement I had building up to the release.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Totally agree...I didn't buy his character outside of the farm intro. His adolescent daughter was a more convincing "scientist" than he was as the main plot began revealing itself. And it seems they got so invested in the whole dimensional mind game at the end that they forgot the character relationships...taking one of them and just platooning her on some planet while we visited her in time as she was dying. I mean sure, they allude to MM going after her at the end, but really? That's what we get? I could have done with a whole lot less "ghost" talk in the 5th dimension and a whole lot more going to get her and finding out what she was doing on the other world.

Given Nolan's previous project, and the almost perfect balance of character development and satisfying story completion, I was surprised to walk out of Interstellar feeling so underwhelmed, especially with the drool worthy excitement I had building up to the release.

Yes! The build-up to Interstellar was above-board and I was absolutey expecting a much better film.

Again, not saying it a "bad" film by any stretch, but if both films were still in the theaters and I had a rainy Sunday and wanted to catch an entertaining film, I'd go with Wick. Again! :)

Last edited:

Ed Boland

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
The problem I had with Wick was (spoiler alert!!)

toward the end when they were finally able to get him down.. They had every opportunity to kill him then, when they had him strapped to the chair... but they didn't.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The problem I had with Wick was (spoiler alert!!)

toward the end when they were finally able to get him down.. They had every opportunity to kill him then, when they had him strapped to the chair... but they didn't.

Oh yes...this was the stereotypical "monologue" moment when all heroes get away, lol. It was a bit unbelievable, and if they really wanted him as dead as they lead to believe up to that point with the amount of man power they threw at him, when he was knocked unconscious, the next natural movement would have been putting a bullet in his head.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I saw the movie last night, via my Apple TV (iTunes rental) and enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the sequel if one is actually made.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW