American Sniper...

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm very torn about this movie. I want to see it but I'm afraid that it's one that I won't be able to shake after I leave.

It does stay with you. But I do think it is important that we acknowledge what these soldiers are dealing with on our behalf. It helps appreciate their sacrifices.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It does stay with you. But I do think it is important that we acknowledge what these soldiers are dealing with on our behalf. It helps appreciate their sacrifices.

Oh trust me I know about the sacrifice made on our behalf. It's just that I tend to take these very emotionally. I can't detach afterwards.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
We saw this movie the other day too. I haven't been to a movie theater for a movie in years, but decided this was one I wanted to see there. It was well worth it.

Between the fact that Clint Eastwood directed it (he has an amazing talent for getting deep emotion from a guy's perspective) and Bradley Cooper's transformation for this role - it was incredible. With each successive tour Chris Kyle had in the war, you saw everyone around him losing emotional ground until it finally got to Chris and he too hit that emotional wall. Yes, they started working on this script with Chris before he was killed, and met with and spent time with his widow after... and I was very happy with how Eastwood dealt with that sad outcome at the end of the movie - tastefully done.

It's an amazing story and was told in a way that didn't feel political in any way - just a story about a man and his journey physically and emotionally. Just sad that there are so-called journalists out there who write horrible things about this man, or snipers in general (in order to simply get their own 15 minutes by any means necessary), when they themselves have never served and have no personal investment in having their lives on the line and having a single person with the weight of the world on their shoulders trying to keep multiple brothers alive from hundreds of angles for hours on end, months at a time. I won't give those people an ounce of my time and I won't give the rags who publish their comments a moment of attention. /rant ;)

In the end... whether you see this in a theater or wait for the DVD release - I'd say it's worth watching!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
They called this man a killer in some of these hateful reviews...this is humorous to me, because if you call him a killer, then you must call every person who has ever thrown the switch on a death penalty a "killer", every cop who has ever saved someones life by shooting another person a "killer", every soldier that has ever taken a life in the line of duty a "killer".

Such a strong word to label someone who did something in the line of duty. Disgusts me really, a person who uses their right that this man fought for to label him something so foul...but you know, I bet Chris Kyle would have it no other way...because he didn't do his job for the acceptance of every person who knows about it...he did it so they would have the ability TO know about it, and share an opinion about it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
They called this man a killer in some of these hateful reviews...this is humorous to me, because if you call him a killer, then you must call every person who has ever thrown the switch on a death penalty a "killer", every cop who has ever saved someones life by shooting another person a "killer", every soldier that has ever taken a life in the line of duty a "killer".

Such a strong word to label someone who did something in the line of duty. Disgusts me really, a person who uses their right that this man fought for to label him something so foul...but you know, I bet Chris Kyle would have it no other way...because he didn't do his job for the acceptance of every person who knows about it...he did it so they would have the ability TO know about it, and share an opinion about it.

Outstanding, and 'nuf said....:)

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
It takes zero intestinal fortitude to call a man a coward while standing on his grave. I got a 50 to watch someone do it to their face.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Having served as a "grunt" in Vietnam, it was Full Metal Jacket, that i ran out on at the theater. This movie won't be watched by my son-in-law for a long time. He still won't talk about Iraq or Afghanistan, or what he did as an 11Bravo, with the 10th Mountain Div. God bless our troops.:D

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
It must be great, I'm reading the book. But you know it's gotta be good when that fat piece of **** Michael Moore has the balls to call a dead man a "coward".

Does ANYONE really care what Michael Moore thinks? I know one thing, he never met a cheeseburger that he didn't like.:rotfl:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Kyle's estate and wife will appeal it and win...I can't believe Ventura did that, but I guess when you're a scum sucking bottom feeder, these are the kinds of opportunities you wake up hoping for. His blood sucking legal team are probably very similar to the up coming spin off show of Breaking Bad...Better Call Saul.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Jesse Ventura talked the talk, but never walked the walk. During Vietnam, he was in the rear with the gear. Reminds me of that "swift boat" commando, named John Kerry. All that "Heinz" money, and he just had to lie about his service during Vietnam. When are these idiots going to learn that there are still plenty of us that are alive and well.:rotfl:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Saw the film Tuesday night, while in Covington, La. The theater was next door to our hotel. I thought it was great. The acting was superb.
My movie snack:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421964079.159018.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73