Hunger Games: MockingJay...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wife is a huge fan...I enjoyed the first two movies well enough. Went and saw this Saturday and was not all that impressed. It was missing the character from the first two movies...no "games", just a dreary post apocalyptic story that didn't really have any feeling of leadership...just kind of "wait and see". Jennifer Lawrence, to me, almost seemed like a back up character through most of the story.

And something began to stand out in this story that is starting to turn me off. The story is turning into a teenaged girls struggle to pick between two guys, and is losing it's real focus on the liberation of the people from the capital. Her indecisive love interest damn near got both guys killed trying to be the "hero".

I'll see the next movie just to finish it up, but this 3rd film, to me, was by far the weakest of the series, and definitely did a lot to lose my interest. I'm not interested in Twilight, and from what I've heard, there are some really solid plot similarities here.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
So this movie did not have the "games" in it? That was the best part of the previous movies. If that's really the case I'll probably wait for this movie to come out on Netflix before watching it.

And now that you mention it, it does remind me quite a bit of Twilight.

Sean I'm curious as if you're gonna review the new Dumb and Dumber. I saw it last night and well yeah....That's really all I have to say.

Sent from my HTC M8

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I've not read the books, but my missus did. I saw this yesterday, and was rather impressed with it, and thus looking forward to the finale.
Albeit, she did tell me prior that these last two would be expected to be 'dark' and thus not all the colours from the previous...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So this movie did not have the "games" in it? That was the best part of the previous movies. If that's really the case I'll probably wait for this movie to come out on Netflix before watching it.

And now that you mention it, it does remind me quite a bit of Twilight.

Sean I'm curious as if you're gonna review the new Dumb and Dumber. I saw it last night and well yeah....That's really all I have to say.

Sent from my HTC M8

I hated the movie and got to see it for free because my wife worked on it...and still wanted to leave (if that tells you anything, LOL!)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've not read the books, but my missus did. I saw this yesterday, and was rather impressed with it, and thus looking forward to the finale.
Albeit, she did tell me prior that these last two would be expected to be 'dark' and thus not all the colours from the previous...

It was not only "darker", but a lot more boring in my opinion.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I haven't seen the first two because I was never really interested. I went to see this one with my girlfriend because she liked the first two so I thought I'd give it a go. I actually fell asleep a couple of times. When I woke up at the end I was like "that's the end?" lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73