The Flash (TV)...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I normally can't stand anything that comes on The CW, and had even tried to give The Arrow a fair chance and just couldn't muster more than a few episodes.

THIS show has me HOOKED though! It's such a fun comic book story, and the production value for a CW show is actually quite high! It feels a lot like the Spiderman movies did, where it doesn't take itself too seriously, but it sticks to a pretty solid plot line.

Anyone else watching?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh heck yeah. The Flash TV show is awesome, and I, too, am hooked. As a matter of fact, I'm glad you brought this up because it reminded me that I have an episode to catch up on via Hulu Plus.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did anybody be see last night's episode of The Flash? Awesome episode, and I can't wait for next week's follow-up.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This show is approaching the end of season 1 and I have to admit, it is VERY rapidly becoming one of my favorite shows on TV!

It's JUST campy enough to retain the fun and entertainment value you should expect from a comic book based TV show...it's just, in my opinion, the DEFINITION of a good comic book based TV show. It's fantastic! The villains are truly villainous...the heroes are truly heroic, and the story never strays too far from what makes it so awesome, and that is the fantasy that truly removes you from the real world and captures you into this universe!

I absolutely LOVE this show. I never thought I would say that about a show on the CW...and after Arrow let me down, getting too wrapped up in romance and family drama, this show was a pleasant surprise and relief!

If you love comic book movies and TV shows...you NEED to watch this!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This show is approaching the end of season 1 and I have to admit, it is VERY rapidly becoming one of my favorite shows on TV!

It's JUST campy enough to retain the fun and entertainment value you should expect from a comic book based TV show...it's just, in my opinion, the DEFINITION of a good comic book based TV show. It's fantastic! The villains are truly villainous...the heroes are truly heroic, and the story never strays too far from what makes it so awesome, and that is the fantasy that truly removes you from the real world and captures you into this universe!

I absolutely LOVE this show. I never thought I would say that about a show on the CW...and after Arrow let me down, getting too wrapped up in romance and family drama, this show was a pleasant surprise and relief!

If you love comic book movies and TV shows...you NEED to watch this!

Dude, they didn't have to Cisco like that...(laughing)

G1ggs

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
The Flash has a series, but he still appears in "Arrow" series. At the first time I saw him, I can't believe that they are friends. @_@

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The Flash has a series, but he still appears in "Arrow" series. At the first time I saw him, I can't believe that they are friends. @_@

Crossovers aren't that uncommon.

And they definitely are NOT friends...they are allies at best. The story, thus far, has shown that they are VERY different heroes, which would create a pretty significant boundary between the two.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Can you explain more about the "pretty significant boundary" between them?

Pretty simple...Arrow doesn't mind killing people to get the job done, Flash is more like Batman in that he'd rather them go to prison than die, so he does everything in his power to refrain from even hurting them, much less killing them.

G1ggs

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Pretty simple...Arrow doesn't mind killing people to get the job done, Flash is more like Batman in that he'd rather them go to prison than die, so he does everything in his power to refrain from even hurting them, much less killing them.

Oh, I understand now. Thank you. :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
UNBELIEVABLE episode! I watch a show like this and wonder why all shows can't be THIS good!

The unveiling of reverse flash was shocking to me! I love having no idea what is coming in this story!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Next season you get the Legends of Tomorrow crossover too, they are both at least in series premier. I actually love both Arrow and Flash, I love Arrow for the darker, grittier, truer and yet still believable aspect of it. On the other hand, I love the campy, yet not too campy and still believable comic book aspect of Flash. That was the creators' intention too, not to make the shows the same. I still have my hold ups about the season finale of Flash, but I'm quite excited about season 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro