Constantine (TV Show)...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Attended the premiere of the Constantine tv show that starts this Friday on NBC. Had an awesome time and got to meet the actors (which is a rarity as they're usually too busy making whatever project the premiere is about anyways).

4FA3lYz.jpg

...all that said, this show, I feel, is going to be completely and totally awesome (and I'm not just saying that because my wife works on it). I've been a fan of the Hell Blazer comics for some time, and while the movie with Keanu Reeves was a decent flick, I never felt it captured the character well (still loved it though). This TV version, Constantine is played by Matt Ryan, who brings every bit of the rude, selfish, dark person that I always envisioned Constantine to be. Obviously because it's on network TV it's going to be a little filtered, but honestly, I think it still stays true to the story well, and because Hell Blazer was a pretty long running series of comics (over 25 years!), they have A LOT of source material to work with.

Give it a shot...I'd call it a nice mixture of the show Supernatural, Hannibal and Elementary.

(Also, watch it because my wife was/is the ALM on it...lol! :beer: )

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, Sean, and I'm looking forward to seeing the show. The previews look great...:)

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
This show has definitely caught my interests. I did like the movie, but I always felt that the character of Constantine wasn't portrayed as well as he should have been. I mean, come on...the character was modeled after Sting!! Keanu looks nothing like that!!

Thanks, Sean...I will definitely be checking out this series.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've enjoyed the first few episodes, but word is the show isn't going to make it. Sucks to hear, but hey, the world of TV shows is really cut throat, and NBC really didn't give it a chance putting it on Friday nights so late in the season.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That sucks I'm liking this show.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

There may be hope...it looks like SyFy is really interested in picking it up, so hopefully it'll find some additional life. My wife has since moved on to another show now, but I actually like this show regardless, so I hope it sticks around.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
There may be hope...it looks like SyFy is really interested in picking it up, so hopefully it'll find some additional life. My wife has since moved on to another show now, but I actually like this show regardless, so I hope it sticks around.

Crossing my fingers I really like this show.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have to say, In the beginning I was really in to this show, but it seems to be going downhill

Yeah...the show has all but been cancelled so the quality certainly slipped. I guess their idea was that if there's no future for it, why put in all the effort? I don't agree with this mind set when it comes to making a TV show, but I can understand the lack of moral which would obviously degrade quality.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. After seeing Keanu Reeves play the lead role in the movie, "Constantine", it's difficult for me to get into the TV character played by the current actor.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Wife hasn't heard anything so far...I suppose there's always a chance, but the entire crew from the show has moved on to different projects, so doesn't look good.

Ah that's sucks was kind of liking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods