300 - Rise of an Empire...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
To start, I'm a HUGE 300 fan...I loved the graphic novels, and the first film is easily one of my favorite, testosterone filled flicks. Needless to say, I was stoked when this film was teased some 4 years ago, lol! Took them long enough to get it to the audience, and it was well worth the wait!

For starters...this film's time line is a bit strange and might be hard for some to follow. It actually takes place before, during AND after the first film. You watch a totally different group of people in the same time that King Leonidas was mounting his war with the Persians with his 300 men...and then following their defeat after being betrayed by the hunchback.

SPOILER ALERT! (I'm spoiling the movie below, even though the story has been around for some 2,000 years, lol!)

So the real beauty of this movie is not much different than the first film...you have the intense, cinematic battle sequences...and blood...TONS and TONS of blood. So much blood, it becomes a bit goofy at times, but it's still awesome.

You watch as Themistokles wages his own war against...well...EVERYONE, including one very sinister lead female, Artemisia. These people are just badasses, and they leave ruin and death in their wake no matter how many people are battling around them. It's really incredible to see.

I was actually very sad because the movie was about 15min. from ending and it seemed like they were going to give a massive cliff hanger...and then...all HELL breaks loose and the movie goes into a 15min., chaotic, insane war. It was a beautiful thing. I got chills watching it...and it was so satisfying. Honestly, I think it was more satisfying than the first film.

All in all...it is a MUST see for any 300 fan. I also think it was WELL worth IMAX price. The best sound and picture is a must.

Loved it! :beer:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Me and my oldest son went to see the movie this past weekend and really enjoyed it. It's an excellent movie, in my opinion...:)

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Ah I'm so going to watch this movie too. Hoping to get tickets at a non-crowded cinema is my goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234