I just rented Gravity. I'm glad I rented it, I am out only $4. Major league boring. The only redeeming factor was her in the tight shorty shorts.
    02-27-2014 03:43 PM
    This movie was MADE for the IMAX experience. Seriously...I cannot imagine how mediocre that film is at home, even in 3D. You needed the encompassing picture in order to get the full feel of it. Not many movies are made solely for the theater experience, but this one was definitely one of them.
    02-27-2014 04:26 PM
    It was a great movie you just had to imagine yourself in that situation

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    02-27-2014 04:49 PM
    I just watched Gravity. Special Effects were great. Pretty exciting movie. Great looking movie. Not a bad rental.
    02-28-2014 12:28 AM
    Just finished watching death proof for the first time. Not a bad movie but not one of Tarantino's best IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-28-2014 12:43 AM
    Death Proof is one of my favorites.
    I love Ze Bell.
    02-28-2014 12:58 AM
    Just finished watching death proof for the first time. Not a bad movie but not one of Tarantino's best IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Death Proof, in my opinion, needed to be enjoyed as a whole package with the other movie, Planet Terror, within the GrindHouse viewing. It had the trailers, it had the concession commercials and what not...it was a total package from Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez. GrindHouse all together was a really awesome homage experience and nostalgic as hell. I can understand how a person might watch either on their own and kind of thing "That was mediocre...", and I can't, for the life of me, figure out why IFC and other channels play them split up on their own...it really ruins the experience.
    02-28-2014 05:44 PM
    Death Proof, in my opinion, needed to be enjoyed as a whole package with the other movie, Planet Terror, within the GrindHouse viewing. It had the trailers, it had the concession commercials and what not...it was a total package from Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez. GrindHouse all together was a really awesome homage experience and nostalgic as hell. I can understand how a person might watch either on their own and kind of thing "That was mediocre...", and I can't, for the life of me, figure out why IFC and other channels play them split up on their own...it really ruins the experience.
    I haven't watch Planet Terror or GrindHouse either, and I had no idea that those movies all went together. I received the Tarantino XX movie collection for Christmas and Death Proof was one of the films included. It did seem like a completely random movie and now I probably know why. I'll be sure to check out Planet Terror and GrindHouse.
    02-28-2014 05:49 PM
    Yup, it was released in the theaters as "GrindHouse" and it was really awesome...we got to see a red carpet premiere of it, and the experience was really cool. Robert Rodriguez actually did a Q&A afterwards and specifically said "This is a package deal, you don't release one without the other..." (because the studios wanted to release them separately for financial reasons and they both refused).

To clarify, the two movies together were called GrindHouse...GrindHouse wasn't another film. This was to pay tribute to the old 70's sexploitation theater houses that were called Grind Houses.

Beyond Fire likes this.
    02-28-2014 06:00 PM
    Thanks for the info. I'm going to go ahead and watch Planet Terror and rewatch Death Proof together like it was meant to be.
    Speedygi likes this.
    02-28-2014 06:21 PM
    I recently watched the hangover 3 (ok, I bought it for $10)...very disappointing. I wasn't expecting a masterpiece, but was expecting a few laughs. I was let down and held laugh less.

Sent from my iPhone 5
    02-28-2014 08:22 PM
    I watched The Incredibles last night, thanks to the Disney Movies Anywhere app
    Speedygi likes this.
    02-28-2014 08:48 PM