Favorite horror/thriller movie!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Another vote for Halloween from me too. John Carpenter is my favourite director. Not only does he write, direct and produce a lot of his own stuff but he often does the music too. I think his soundtracks are immediately recognisable and I just can't get enough of them. I dearly hope to be able to work with him at some point in the near future.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Another vote for Halloween from me too. John Carpenter is my favourite director. Not only does he write, direct and produce a lot of his own stuff but he often does the music too. I think his soundtracks are immediately recognisable and I just can't get enough of them. I dearly hope to be able to work with him at some point in the near future.

Are you a composer?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Awesome...I was just curious. My wife is in the industry as well.

Good stuff! :) I'm hopefully moving to LA from the UK in June once my work visa comes through. The first time I visited the US, many years ago, I fell in love with the place. My new US agent has already got me a great audition for a major TV show but I can't talk about it in any more detail.

I'm basically following my dream job. I did train to be a police officer many years back but a DUI driver knocked me off my motorcycle and put me in hospital. I mention that as I know you're a cop. I still really miss the fact that I couldn't become one to follow in the family tradition, to be honest.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Good stuff! :) I'm hopefully moving to LA from the UK in June once my work visa comes through. The first time I visited the US, many years ago, I fell in love with the place. My new US agent has already got me a great audition for a major TV show but I can't talk about it in any more detail.

I'm basically following my dream job. I did train to be a police officer many years back but a DUI driver knocked me off my motorcycle and put me in hospital. I mention that as I know you're a cop. I still really miss the fact that I couldn't become one to follow in the family tradition, to be honest.

LOL! That's awesome...small world. Anyways, good luck in L.A...in case your agent didn't tell you, Atlanta also has a BOOMING movie/TV industry as well, and there are tons and tons of projects going on here (they're actually building 5 new studios here in the next 2 years). Hopefully you won't have to have a backup plan, but if you do, let me know! My wife could probably put your agent in touch with someone legitimate here. :)

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Sean, it's not what you know it's who you know in this industry, as your good lady will no doubt attest. I have a few actor/director friends in Atlanta and Macon and they mentioned that Atlanta has really taken off over the last five years or so. As a huge fan of The Walking Dead, i'd love to get in on that show as a series regular! Oh my yes!

After talking to them, I was thinking about extending my reach to Atlanta anyway as it happens, so your post was kinda serendipitous. I don't consider it a backup plan, more like making sure I have all bases covered. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice