Me and my wife were invited to a film festival where this movie was being showcased so we went. I remember seeing the preview and really having very little interest in it, as it just seemed like a very dramatic story of a dysfunctional family. A kind of character study if you will. That and I don't particularly care for Julia Roberts.

This movie was just an absolutely odd train wreck of a story. It was like stepping into the worst post-funeral family argument you've ever seen, and the story kept throwing weird scenarios at the audience in what can only be described (by me anyways) as "shock value" details...at one point I seriously thought they were just going to add story arks so you'd remember an otherwise drab premise.

And then it just abruptly ended (thankfully actually because I was growing so bored and tired of watching it).

I hate to sound so cynical about many of these awards season movies, but this and "Her" were two of the worst movies I've seen in a long time that came with such high praise.
    01-26-2014 01:15 PM
    Like everything else... they're trying to pass off utter dreck in movies as masterpieces... And people that don't know better believe it...
    01-26-2014 01:20 PM
    There's a point in this movie where the Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts are running through a hay field...and Streep is flailing her arms around in this really odd, fake and over dramatic way that I actually laughed (it was a very dramatically sad part of the film too).

Seriously, it was on the level of this...

...there were frou frou people WEEPING around me, and I just wanted to scream "WHAT THE F*CK ARE YOU IDIOTS CRYING ABOUT!!!!????"
    01-26-2014 01:28 PM
    There's a point in this movie where the Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts are running through a hay field...and Streep is flailing her arms around in this really odd, fake and over dramatic way that I actually laughed (it was a very dramatically sad part of the film too).

Seriously, it was on the level of this...

...there were frou frou people WEEPING around me, and I just wanted to scream "WHAT THE F*CK ARE YOU IDIOTS CRYING ABOUT!!!!????"
    LOL Sean you need to write movie reviews for pay haha.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    01-26-2014 02:45 PM
    When I saw the trailers, I knew it was going to be boring.
    Last edited by iOS Gravity; 01-26-2014 at 04:02 PM.
    01-26-2014 03:02 PM
    Me and my wife were invited to a film festival where this movie was being showcased so we went. I remember seeing the preview and really having very little interest in it, as it just seemed like a very dramatic story of a dysfunctional family. A kind of character study if you will. That and I don't particularly care for Julia Roberts.

This movie was just an absolutely odd train wreck of a story. It was like stepping into the worst post-funeral family argument you've ever seen, and the story kept throwing weird scenarios at the audience in what can only be described (by me anyways) as "shock value" details...at one point I seriously thought they were just going to add story arks so you'd remember an otherwise drab premise.

And then it just abruptly ended (thankfully actually because I was growing so bored and tired of watching it).

I hate to sound so cynical about many of these awards season movies, but this and "Her" were two of the worst movies I've seen in a long time that came with such high praise.
    I'm curious what your wife thought of the movie. It's clearly a chick flick.
    01-26-2014 03:56 PM
    She thought it was pointless...lol. She liked the performances at times, saying they were very "real", but she thought the story was pointless and silly.
    phreddyl likes this.
    01-26-2014 10:08 PM
    LOL Sean you need to write movie reviews for pay haha.

That would be the life!
    01-26-2014 10:10 PM
    When I saw the trailers, I knew it was going to be boring.
    Didn't even have to watch the trailer the Title alone sounds boring haha.

That would be the life!
    Yeah I would to do that.

01-26-2014 10:13 PM